Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 09:47 AM

Default Deleting Fades in 6.7

Dear Digi

On 6.7 I beleave you have a major problem with editing fades.

What I mean is for the past Six years goung back to 4.3 I have been able to Just Hi-Light a fade and cut it or Apple X and only the fade would be removed. Now I Hi-Light a fade or Cross fade and the audio is cut.

This is a major headache, Not all fades work or sound good the first time you draw them , now I am constantly haveing to re-edit my aduio that I did not want to cut.

Whats the Deal can you help. Thanks

This post and replies to it moved from topic "Pro Tools TDM 6.7 Update for HD" to its own thread by Digi Web Admin
Old 11-11-2004, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools TDM 6.7 Update for HD

I have noticed the exact same thing with the deleating of region areas when you are only trying to delete fades. Surely this is not be what Digi intended with this update? Or is it?

I presume 6.7.1 will resolve this? If so when? Digi?

-Darryl
www.gamebeatstudios.com
Old 11-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Avid

Default Re: Deleting Fades in 6.7

Hi,

I took a look at this and found that if you use Command>B to remove the fade or just hit the Delete key it will remove the fade only. It is when you use Cut that the underlying regions are effected. If you find that this is not the case please let us know. I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support
Old 11-11-2004, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Deleting Fades in 6.7

Hostage, what type of changes are you making to the fade/crossfade? If you don't know this already you can do things this way. Seems quicker than what it sounds like you are doing. I maybe mistaken though. But her goes, if the length isn't correct just use the "[" or "]" tool to change the length, it will make the changes for you. If you want to change the fade/crossfade in/out, just double click on the fade/Xfade which brings up the window for fades/Xfades. Hope this helps.