Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Folks,

I would like to get your input on my band's music. We are more of a melodic hardcore thing so it could be a little too harsh:

http://www.indieuprising.com/remnant..._to_pieces.mp3

Thanks a bunch!
Old 12-20-2004, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:
mindstat, nice work. You have a talent for making good music with humble tools, if I'm remembering an email you sent to me correctly. Very good drum programming. that's something I'm trying to get better at. Your piece had a great groove. I'm assuming most of that was looped. Did you play the guitar?

bp
yes, "humble tools" indeed. sampled turntable one shots, sampled bass oneshots that i arranged in an elementary simpleton loop (4 notes), sample guitar that i cut and chopped up into what you hear, and the drums i also tracked with one shots. post production in sound forge. i recorded 100yr old acoustic piano on a $10 radio shack microphone and it sounds terrible.
other than that, im glad you enjoyed it. looking forward to hear your latest.
regards
Old 12-20-2004, 02:19 PM

hi, i recently joined this group. i have some non pro tools music that i recorded via a tascam da 38.

go to http://goldcoastcreations.com then choose michael wolfe's music link then choose any song to play. would be interested to have comments on music and recordings. this music is all guitar instrumental.

will be getting pro tools le 002r system soon to incorporate with the rest of my recording gear.

happy listening, michael
Old 12-20-2004, 03:59 PM

Hi Chris,I saw in an earlier post that you were having trouble getting email which may explain why I have gotten back email marked as "undeliverable" to the address on your website.
I would like to submit a tune for your project.It's nothing new as I have not even been able to sit down at the piano in almost a year but would still like to participate if that is OK.Here is my tune.
http://stutunes.0catch.com/andy/KILLER7.mp3

Its reaL title is Ding Dong the Serial Killer is Dead

Thanks and Merry Christmas
Stu
Old 12-20-2004, 10:20 PM

Stu,

I am not kidding; I loved this! Awesome and totally fresh! Get that to a publishing company quick. Try Pacific Electric Group. They are looking for stuff like this for their catalog.

I LOVED IT!
www.readyacoustics.com
Old 12-20-2004, 10:50 PM

Hey Stu,
I haven't talked to you in quite a while...glad to see 'Serial Killer' on the list of DUC stuff(very cool piece). Any new music from any of the family lately?
-Roy
Old 12-20-2004, 11:10 PM

Hey Hopeless, I like!

I especially like the vocals in the second half- from the in-your-face screaming, then singing, then the "radio" distortion - they seem more present than they did in the first half.

The doubled rhythm guitars in the first half seem kind of weird - sort of a "beating" sensation (not like with sticks, which could be appropriate - more like a tape flutter kind of thing going back and forth really fast). Is this intentional?

Thanks for sharing!

Eric
Old 12-21-2004, 12:58 AM

Powerjoe

Glad you liked it.It's sad to say that it's the last thing I have done and I think it's at least 1.5 years ago.I'll try your suggestion with the Pacific electric GroupThanks again I'll give your stuff a listen tonight.
Thanks and Merry Christmas
Stu

Roy

It has been a really long time.I have just been swamped at my real job that puts the food on the table thus leaving no time for creative endeavors.I have been stockpiling ideas in my head for quite a while now which usually will yield a couple of tunes.

The only thing I have done with my kids is just another Christmas tune from my youngest
I can't take any credit or the production of this one because it is simply a karaoke track that she asked me to record her vocals on.She did do a nice job though.
If you want to here it I think this link still works.

http://www.stutunes.0catch.com/SilentNight.mp3

I must confess that I did recently download a bunch of your songs onto my new laptop at work.My favorite is still Springtime Girls and Everyones a Fool which I really think is a great song.I would love to hear that tune completely acoustic with Sheryll Crow singing it.
Later Roy
Have a great Christmas
Stu
Old 12-21-2004, 01:02 AM

I'm trying to catch up on listening...downloaded some recent stuff today I'de missed.

spkguitar-
Quote:
Here's an older one I've been working on lately. Not at all finished, but in a listenable state.

Me Myself and I
~

Very nice, Shawn...those guitars bite real good(cool offset tone on the solo guit)...and again, impressed by your vocals. Cool song...good job, sir.
-Roy
Old 12-21-2004, 07:17 AM

Although the vocals and drums were recorded elswhere, this is my first mix in protools, How Did I EVER live without it?!!? Am running a 1.25G Powerbook w/1G Ram. any advice given is much appreciated.

http://homepage.mac.com/joecraft/FileSharing2.html

(Its called Enchanted, and i think theres some mention of Helen of Troy in there)