Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2003, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:
Wouldn't it be great to just drop in on everyone's studio from time to time?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Consider youself invited [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Roy, it's not that I'm tryin' to be a but kisser(notice the crafty use of 1 t in but, as to avoid the salty talk filter [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
but yikes that's good :"One Eyed Gypsy Walts", the first chord change by the string's, and I'm hooked, for he rest of the song,and the arangement, WOW,.and the arangement, WOW,.and the arangement, WOW,.
My 2 son's and I were walkin' to the store the other day ,and my ten year old say's "Dad, how does Roy get that sound ....you know," and he bring's his hand's up to his mouth cupping,one hand open ,closed open closed. trying to imitate your swirly filter sound. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2003, 02:52 PM

archtop...
I don't know what to say, except thank you. It feels good to know that your son has heard my guitar stuff. Maybe one day I'll get to hear him play too... but really, thanks so much. -Roy
Old 07-06-2003, 03:39 PM

Hey Captain Ben
Is that you singing on your latest.Great vocal track.I can feel the anger. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
I have a tune I have had shelved for the longest time that screams for a vocal like this.Let me know if your interested.If you lost my email it's [email protected]
Stu [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2003, 03:55 PM

Stu, ill give it a shot, I love singing even though I dont consider myself much of a singer!

Send it on over!
=-Ben
Old 07-06-2003, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Slim -

Would love to hear your stuff, but your webpage doesn't work with Safari? Not a good thing for a Mac person...

cbarrett
Old 07-06-2003, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

it does work, you just can't have 'block pop-up windows' turned on. I'm looking for better javascript to avoid that, and actually working on a whole new site design at the moment, but if you command-K then click the 'enter here' link, the right window will pop up. Safari's the only browser that sees this particular code as 'pop-up' code, but as I said, I'm looking to swap it out with something that doesn't give me that problem.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:40 AM

Alright all,
Here is another installment from the Demo project I have been working on with a client. 4 songs down, 2 to go... This is not my type of tune, but I think that is sounds good, and the guitars sound great in my opinion. This one has a female vocalist on the chorus, and I went in and added a Sampletank Violin to see how it sounded. Kinda cool, and fits the song. There was going to be a harmonica in it, but they decided to stay away from that. I will bring the solo guitar down a bit more at the end, but other than that I think it is done...

Let me know what ya think. It is a slower song, but kinda nice...

http://members.cox.net/andrewsintel/CarolinaGirl.mp3

Later,
Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 07-07-2003, 09:09 AM

I've recently finished up three projects. You can hear some of the results here...

The Dimes - AAA Rock
"Oxygen"

Scott MacGill - AAA Rock
"Small Comfort"

Glenda Langevin - Dance Pop
"Please Me"

Let me know what you think!

BigRedButton / Jackson Jackson
www.jacksonbjackson.com
Old 07-07-2003, 03:05 PM

Ok
I just checked out a few tunes.

Carolina girl, In God We Trust, and Please Me.

Carolina Girl is a very nice tune. Its actually really pretty. I beleive you said it wasnt your type of music, but I assume you did the production on it. And I thought it was very well indeed! Very Relaxing. Nice Vocals too!

In God we trust is also very nice. I love the choir. It was a very patriotic/religious song, and its nice to hear songs like that. Very Nice indeed.

Please Me, the only one I grabbed from BRBs list, just because it had the words "Dance-Pop". I think this is a catchy song. Jackson, there is something about the vocals that seems like they might be upped a notch too high. Her voice seems to pierce through my ears, but I was also thinking this could be attributed to the MP3 quality, which at 128 sometimes tends to slosh the drums into a mush, then expose the vocal really well. Ive noticed this on my own 128 mp3s, which are also somewhat dancy and darker.

Very good though. I know this isnt your style of music either right? Nice production though. Did you write this music too or was it Glenda Langevin? If you ever want to do any collaborative stuff, I would love to use you for your vocals or something such, or also whenever i listen to your music, I get these urges to play around with the music, and remix stuff. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nice Job Guys! Its good to hear quality music as an alternative to the radio!

=-CP.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:14 PM

Thanks Capt'n,
Carolina girl, I did the production on and am doing a 6 song demo for the guy. All is well so far. I will post the other stuff soon. Not that it is NOT my type of tune, and yes it is pretty, but just not what I listen to all the time. I am versitile enough to like it though and resect it for what it is worth. Just a little sappy for me. I actually jok with the artist telling him that he is the "Acoustic Mellow Trent Reznor" All of his songs are written for an "X"

Anyways, thanks for the input! More will follow!

-Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"