Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2022, 10:09 AM

Default Cannot scroll PT Tracks from Control App

I'm using a Dock and Control App. Latest Big Sur, PT etc. Weirdly when in the tracks page on my iPad I cannot scroll to the bottom of the track list on PT. If I'm in View 40 tracks on Control App I can scroll down as far as Track 84 on PT. In 60 track display I can only go down as far Track 60. It just stops! Also Scroll To Track isn't working. ie when I select a track on the iPad, it selects it in PT but the screen doesn't scroll to it. Any help would be hugely appreciated!!
Old 08-31-2022, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Cannot scroll PT Tracks from Control App

To be clear. I'm just trying to establish can everyone else scroll up and down in PT freely using the Control App Tracks page? I can only scroll a certain number of tracks down and then it stops
Old 08-31-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
Also Scroll To Track isn't working. ie when I select a track on the iPad, it selects it in PT but the screen doesn't scroll to it.
Scroll to Track works one way: Pro Tools control Eucon. It does not work the other way. Eucon does not scroll Pro Tools.

In another thread, the Eucon project manager mentions that the other direction of scrolling (Eucon scrolling Pro Tools) is coming in a future version of Pro Tools.

I don't understand your other question. I think you need to state more clearly what you are doing and what your are expecting to have happen. And be clear what happens in Pro Tools and what you expect to happen on the Control app and vice versa. (Break it up into sections: "I do this in Control app, this happens in Pro Tools. I expected this to happen in Pro Tools"
Old 09-01-2022, 06:04 AM

When I enable the General pref in the Control app to 'App Banks Daw:On' I expect PT screen to follow the Control app. However, I can only scroll up and down within the first 60 tracks in PT (which are outlined blue) when I am in 60 tracks view on the Control App Tracks page. So if I scroll down to track 100 on the Tracks page, PT does not follow beyond Track 60.
I thought speedy navigation was the main purpose of the Tracks page. It feels oddly limited currently for me
Old 09-01-2022, 07:15 AM
Avid

These are two features.

Edit/Mix Windows Follows Banking. In PT today. It puts the TOP track in Avid Control or first track on a Surface to the top in PT. What I think you are wanting is the bottom track to be put at the top of PT.

Edit/Mix Windows Follows Select: In PT 22.9 coming soon. Scrolls to the Selected track on the surface/Avid Control.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:40 AM

Thanks Eddie but all I’m referring to is scrolling around the Tracks page and PT following. If you have a few pages of tracks in the Control App I thought you could scroll up and down and the PT screen would follow. What is strange is the blue outline that appears on the first 60 tracks in PT and then I can scroll up and down between them but only them. The new scroll to track feature will be a fix of sorts for this.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:44 AM
Avid

This is also what I'm talking about, mine scrolls OK. Make sure Auto Banks DAW is on in the App, and the settings in PT are checked.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:59 AM

Yeah they’re all checked correctly. Maybe time to trash prefs. What do the blue outlines on the track names signify in this setup?
Old 09-01-2022, 09:17 AM
Avid

Blue boxes mean that the tracks are on the surface. Are you filtering Track types in the App (top right corner)?
Old 09-02-2022, 01:53 AM

Most of the time no. What does ‘on the surface mean’? I just have a dock