Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2022, 07:19 AM

Default Big Sur Metering Graphics Bug Still not Fixed

I tried the new 2022.7 on latest Big Sur and still no fix for the massive graphics bug that still affects metering!! I've tried all the usual workarounds that people suggest. Occasionally they work but a lot of the time I still cannot get normal displaying meters in so many sessions. They're thin and missing half the meter. It's truly painful. I have to switch them to double width just to make them usable. Has anyone actually figured out how to fix this? Reimporting my session info into a blank session each time is just not a practical workaround.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Big Sur Metering Graphics Bug Still not Fixed

Hi Rich, I have had problem after problem with Big Sur. I had to go back to Catalina which I have on 3 computers, and Monterey 12.4 on 2 newer M1's that I haven't quite tested yet. Was this happening on Catalina before you moved up to Big Sur?
Old 08-02-2022, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the response. I've been on Big Sur for a while now but I think it only started when I moved from Catalina. It's never been resolved. Something to do with sessions that use VCAs which are all of mine!
Old 08-04-2022, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
I tried the new 2022.7 on latest Big Sur and still no fix for the massive graphics bug that still affects metering!! I've tried all the usual workarounds that people suggest. Occasionally they work but a lot of the time I still cannot get normal displaying meters in so many sessions. They're thin and missing half the meter. It's truly painful. I have to switch them to double width just to make them usable. Has anyone actually figured out how to fix this? Reimporting my session info into a blank session each time is just not a practical workaround.
What workarounds did you find?