Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2023, 04:42 PM

Default "Type to Search" on track inserts, sends, and outputs not working 2023.9

I recently updated to Pro Tools 2023.9 on my Macbook Air (2020 M1 with the Sonoma 14.0 macOS) and I'm no longer able to "type to search" on track/aux inserts, sends, or outputs.

I used to be able to click on an insert of a track/aux and immediately start typing to find the plugin I want o use, but now I'm forced to manually click the "search" bar on the dropdown to find a plugin. While this is a very minor inconvenience, this has been slowing me down in recording sessions. I'm not sure if the new "sketch" feature has anything to do with this, but I searched through all of Pro Tool's preferences and haven't found anything new or relevant for this issue.

Does anyone else also have this issue / has anyone found a solution for this? I'm running Pro Tools on my 2020 M1 Macbook Air with the Sonoma 14.0 macOS.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:44 PM

Default Re: "Type to Search" on track inserts, sends, and outputs not working 2023.9

Hi, welcome to the community.

Sonoma is not yet supported.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:47 PM

Default Re: "Type to Search" on track inserts, sends, and outputs not working 2023.9

Ok thank you. I'm going to downgrade for the time being
Old 12-05-2023, 03:59 AM

Location: 2nd Floor, 206 Tran Quang Khai Street, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, HCM City

Quote:
Originally Posted by eniigma View Post
I recently updated to Pro Tools 2023.9 on my Macbook Air (2020 M1 with the Sonoma 14.0 macOS) and I'm no longer able to "type to search" on track/aux inserts, sends, or outputs.

I used to be able to click on an insert of a track/aux and immediately start typing to find the plugin I want o use, but now I'm forced to manually click the "search" bar on the dropdown to find a plugin. While this is a very minor inconvenience, this has been slowing me down in recording sessions. I'm not sure if the new "sketch" feature has anything to do with this, but I searched through all of Pro Tool's preferences and haven't found anything new or relevant for this issue.

Does anyone else also have this issue / has anyone found a solution for this? I'm running Pro Tools on my 2020 M1 Macbook Air with the Sonoma 14.0 macOS.
I hope Avid gets fixed soon, this is very necessary and convenient