How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2017, 08:21 PM

Default Cannot automate Trash 2

I'm having difficulty doing this.

I'm not sure if there is a work around for this.

Anyone know?

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2017, 05:09 AM

Default Re: Cannot automate Trash 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidlife View Post
I'm having difficulty doing this.

I'm not sure if there is a work around for this.

Anyone know?

Thanks!
PT version? Operating system version? You know - the standard stuff that needs to be included or put in your profile page here when asking for help.

As well as exactly what the problem your having is. There's lots of knowledgeable people but we're not mind readers or remote viewers.

QAPLA!
Old 01-20-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
PT version? Operating system version? You know - the standard stuff that needs to be included or put in your profile page here when asking for help.

As well as exactly what the problem your having is. There's lots of knowledgeable people but we're not mind readers or remote viewers.
lol, yea you're right!

But honestly I wonder if the pt version matters for this, and op. system. I'm almost 99%sure it doesn't, and not to be rude, but I think my question is pretty clear.

PT 12.6, OSX 10.12

Updating profile now.=D
Old 01-20-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
lol, yea you're right!

But honestly I wonder if the pt version matters for this, and op. system. I'm almost 99%sure it doesn't, and not to be rude, but I think my question is pretty clear.

PT 12.6, OSX 10.12

Updating profile now.=D
You can never give too much info when asking for help here and sometimes the basics like PT and operating system version can mean a lot, particularly if one is running what could turn out to be an incompatible setup. You don't know that and you also can't assume your system isn't at fault. There's been a number of people here who thought there system wasn't at fault when it turns out that that was the cause.

With having a complete rundown of your system in your profile with maybe a tag line in a sig file time won't be wasted with back and forths asking for info and you'll get an answer quicker. And the more complete the info the more complete and correct the solution can be.

Lastly in your original post you just say you can't automate Trash2 but don't say what you've tried to do that isn't working. Just saying you can't do something doesn't help without saying what process you tried that doesn't work. It'd be like saying 'PT crashed on me' without saying what you were doing when it crashed which also ties into the previous two paragraphs.

QAPLA!
Old 03-03-2017, 09:02 PM

Very true. I agree.

Ok, so for the details.

I'm trying to automate a few parameters on trash 2. One of them is the mix parameter. I press control option, command, and don't get the menu that lets me automate.

That's the only way I know how to automate any parameter, in a plugin.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Very true. I agree.

Ok, so for the details.

I'm trying to automate a few parameters on trash 2. One of them is the mix parameter. I press control option, command, and don't get the menu that lets me automate.

You should be using the automation capabilities from within the plugin. You need to tell PT what parameters you want to automate. There are no keyboard shortcuts used to do this. I'd suggest taking a look through the PT user's guide (aka The Manual) to see how to automate plugin parameters in PT. It's basically a two step process - from within the plugin you enable what to automate and on a PT track you add an automation lane for said parameter and draw in your data.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 03-04-2017 at 04:59 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 03-04-2017, 04:35 AM

Quote:

Implementation of these shortcuts is up to the plugin maker. For example, those shortcuts don't work in UA plugins either. Instead you have to go into the parameter enable window.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.