Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2014, 09:57 AM

Default protools 11 audiosuite windows

I leave a ton of audiosuite windows open while I am editing. Everything from reverse to compressors to reverbs. What I am finding is instead of opening a certain channel amount of the plug ins the audiosuite windows will change to whatever track i am currently highlighting. This causes the system to lag for a second while the gui is updated to reflect the channel count of the track that is highlighted. Please allow us to disable this "feature".

Further more every feature you add to the software should go on a flow chart and the first question should be "does this slow the system down?" if the answer is "yes" then the feature implementation should be "NO". Protools is supposed to be fast for editors. We cant tell the production companies that protools is now slower. That wont work.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:47 PM

Default Re: protools 11 audiosuite windows

okI hate to be that guy so i wont. This was just fixed today by altiverb so this issue is related to plug ins. I wont do a hit and run without showing the solution if I can. Things are now working for me in protools 11hd. My earlier errors were solved from updating plug ins so for anyone having issues like I was go ahead and do that.