Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2011, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Touch fader control for iPad

Do I really need to pay more? The console cost 100k, and I'm paying $150 for software updates, that don't include any of the most requested features on Ideascale... I'm not so quick to jump on the "oh I'll gladly pay more for it" wagon...

I just wish Avid would be open about what they're doing... It's not as though people are going to stop buying consoles because of future improvements... They'll buy now and take the improvements as they come... I don't need an update after every line of code is written, but a roadmap would be nice... Just let us know if the app is coming or not and how awesome it will or won't be, and we'll be on our way.

Like the guy said earlier, no matter how awesome the stagemix app is, I'm not buying a Yamaha desk... It just want to know that my investment will continue to get more awesome like their (considerably less) investment does as well...
Old 06-11-2013, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Touch fader control for iPad

This is a late reply to this thread, but I think I have some helpful solutions to using VNC and iPad control effectively. First, I have found the Remotix app to be more responsive and fully featured than iTeleport. Second, I have found that using a stylus (you can get one for less than $10) makes it much easier to select and adjust accurately. Finally, when mixing monitors (or adjusting any rotary control) it is helpful to make large adjustments first in normal mode by selecting and dragging up or down, then latch the control button to make fine adjustments. This is very easy in Remotix, the ctrl button is right there on the bottom of the screen, as is a right mouse button selection switch, which makes it easy to do things like copy and paste between channels, sections, etc. These features are probably available in iTeleport as well, they're just easier to find and use in Remotix.
I have used the apps for LS9, M7, Presonus, Allen and Heath, etc and find that the reduced feature set makes them of little use to me, I appreciate that VNC gives me access to all of the consoles functions, and using these tips has made iPad control practical for me.