Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2009, 10:22 PM

Default Importing multiple MIDI into a session

I am trying to compile a master session of a few other sessions. So in this, I need to import various MIDI files along with their tempo at various places on the timeline.

The problem is that I go to import a MIDI file and have it placed later in the timeline and no matter what option I choose for the import (beginning, selection, spot) it still blanks out the existing tempo information of anything before it in the timeline.

If I try and use spot (which for me, means that the MIDI file will start along with it's tempo info at the spot my cursor is parked at) and select a measure that I want the file inserted at, it inserts the MIDI file at that point, but brings the other files before it along with it.

Help! All I want to do is import MIDI files along my timeline session along with their tempos. This should be a very discrete thing to do with the MIDI file and they should not affect each other.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Importing multiple MIDI into a session

If you work backwards, last Tempo Map first, Copy the existing Tempo Map and import the next SMF and Paste after the last imported SMF. Then Copy all that Tempo Event data and import and paste the next.

filosofem
Old 11-01-2009, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Importing multiple MIDI into a session

Wow, not to be negative, but that sure sounds like a work around to something that should already exist and not be a problem to do.

Thanks so much, though...