How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2022, 04:48 AM

Default Bounced Mix Out Of Sync In Premiere Pro

Hi,

For some reason my bounced mix is roughly 3 frames out of sync when imported back into Premiere Pro. Sync within Pro Tools seems fine, I'm working at 48kHz 24bit 25 frames per second in both Pro Tools & Premiere. Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks for your time,

Ben.

Edit - I'm on a Mac Studio 2022, Pro Tools Studio 2022.5.0, Premiere 2022 (v22.6.2)
Old 10-17-2022, 06:34 AM

Default Re: Bounced Mix Out Of Sync In Premiere Pro

Simply shifted out of sync or a drift? Late or early?

Do you have a 2pop and tail pop?

Most of the time I'd pin the problem on Premiere. But. Is this an offline bounce or real-time? In other words do you have the bounced file on your timeline in PT?

If you have a plugin especially on your output bus that exceeds the delay compensation that would certainly do it. That would show up if you have the file in PT.
Old 10-17-2022, 07:57 AM

Hi, Thanks for responding. Answers to your questions below -

This has simply shifted out of sync, no drift.

No 2pop or tail pop but lots of easily definable moments throughout where I can check sync (specifically balls being kicked).

I do not have the bounced file in Pro Tools (offline is ticked in the bounce settings dialogue).

I have a couple of plugins in use -
The voiceover track is routed to an Aux track which has 5 plugins on in this order - UAD Neve 1073 EQ, UAD LA-2A Gray Compressor, Waves One Knob Phatter, SA2 Dialogue Processor, ERA6 Audio Cleanup Assistant (running 3 processes - Plosive Remover, Mouth De-clicker, De-esser).

The Aux track is showing in the Delay Compensation box as -
dly is 1199
+/- is 0
cmp is 0

The other tracks are showing as cmp 1199 (so PT is offsetting these to make up for the plugins on the Aux track right?)

Then I have a ProLimiter on the Master which is showing as dly 39.

If I bounced out the solo voiceover, then re-imported it and froze the current voiceover track with all the plugins would that fix it?

Thanks again, appreciate the help.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:06 AM

Is this your first mix project for video?

Import your bounced mix back into you session and check that it aligns with your session.

Put in a 2 pop and make sure it lines up where it’s supposed to.

Know the exact start point of your mix. Does the video you’re working with have TC burn in? Is it placed at the correct start time? Which should be same as picture start for the editor.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:23 AM

Not first mix no but not super experienced in PT, I'm a video editor who's been using PT for the last year.

I've imported the bounced mix back in to PT and although the waveform is out of sync with the rest of the project when I play it back it all syncs perfectly (is this the delay compensation causing this?)

Start time is frame one so is correct. Requested BITC but didn't get it.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:22 AM

Try and print to a track within your session, then use export clips as tracks instead of bounce to disc.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:34 AM

Does your session frame rate match the video frame rate?
Old 10-18-2022, 03:13 AM

Hi All, thanks for the responses. I've done a bit of testing and it seems it's just the voiceover track that is out of sync, the music and effects are fine.

When I re-import the bounced file into the session the voiceover does not line up with the original track however it plays back in sync perfectly so I think what's happening is PT is including the delay compensation on the voiceover track when bouncing out the mix. Is there a setting I need to change to stop this so that delay compensation is only active during playback and not when bouncing? I tried deselecting it in the Options menu but that didn't make any difference in the bounce.

Also the dly in the transport window is green, and the dly box beneath the track in the mixer is orange.

To answer a couple of the questions above -

Yes frame rates match.
I don't have the option to export clips as tracks, is this just in Ultimate?
Not first mix for video, I'm a video editor whose been using PT for the last year or so.
I requested BITC at the start of the mix but didn't receive it.
Everything starts on frame 1 so all is where it should be on the tracks.

Thanks again, appreciate the help.

Last edited by BDMVideoAudio; 10-18-2022 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-18-2022, 04:12 AM

OK I've found that if I manually change the +/- value in the delay compensation box beneath the voiceover track to offset the delay when it routes through the Aux track and then bounce, it comes back fine.

The Aux track (with 5 plugins) was showing as dly 1199 so I changed the Audio track with my voiceover on (which is routing to the Aux) to be -7000. I just ear matched it so don't know if there's a calculation you can do to be exact but this worked for me.

Incidentally I tried both Freeze and Commit too but neither made a difference.
Old 10-18-2022, 04:24 AM

Are you using the protools hybrid engine? There’s many documented timing problems with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk