Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2010, 04:35 AM

Unhappy Need help w/ Melodyne Essential

Im running pro tools 8 on a custom pc. I believe the version i got came with a version of melodyne essential, and ive been trying to get it to work so i can edit vocal tracks for hours now. maybe you guys can help. the process i have tried using after reading the manual (essential and pro tools) is:

1. opening melodyne as a stereo plugin on the vocal track that i want to edit. 2. then i right click on the region i want to edit and hit time stamp then the up arrow next to current selection.
3.then i right click the region again and click export region definitions and then export in the window that pops up, and then yes to the 'overwrite' window that pops up (this is all in pro tools up until step 4)
4. now, in melodyne window, i select file, open..., and then the track name i wish to edit from within the pro tools song files folder and then the audio folder from the song im working on and it opens the file in melodyne.

This is where i get confused. when the file is in pro tools, the audio starts at a little after 5 bars into the song... when imported into melodyne it starts at bar 1...

i've tried just selecting all and manually moving the file into place within melodyne, which seems to remedy the problem but then again i run into something else...

when im done editing the vocal track, i press file and then save and spot to pro tools. this doesnt seem to work. i can hear the file playing in melodyne, yet i cant see it in pro tools to be able to edit it further or add any other effects such as reverb or compression.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. *** One added note, when i switch to edit mode in melodyne, the program goes into "demo mode", could this mean i have to upgrade to be able to export files??? Just a thought. Thank you, and sorry for such a long post, but im stumped and am trying to be as descriptive as i can. thanks in advance.