Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2012, 12:36 PM

Unhappy USB 3.0 Fast track

Hello all, I have just purchased the Fast track c400 with protools MP9 bundle to use with my new Macbook Pro.
Unfortunately it does not work as The fast track is not compatible with USB 3.0.
I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me if AVID plan to release a driver to resolve this issue,
Many thanks
(ps- have tried using a hub but when you launch protools , the message - Unable to locate hardware appears)
Old 11-19-2012, 12:56 PM

Default Re: USB 3.0 Fast track

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconhoof View Post
Hello all, I have just purchased the Fast track c400 with protools MP9 bundle to use with my new Macbook Pro.
Unfortunately it does not work as The fast track is not compatible with USB 3.0.
I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me if AVID plan to release a driver to resolve this issue,
Many thanks
(ps- have tried using a hub but when you launch protools , the message - Unable to locate hardware appears)
Unfortunately I expect you are unlikely to get a reply from Avid, if you cannot get it to work (try a different cable, confirm it works on USB 2 on another computer, etc.). I would return it to where you purchased it and look for another product. I'm not sure if others have reported these same problems or not. You should search these forums.

Its also unclear if MP9 has any futures/updates or much practical ongoing support from Avid. If you are interested in Pro Tools I would look at Pro Tools 10 or an Mbox or Eleven Rack (if you are a guitarist) both with Pro Tools 10 bundled. But I'd need others to confirm they work with USB 3. Otherwise folks like PreSonus make reasonable low-cost interfaces with bundled DAWs.

Darryl
Old 11-21-2012, 02:34 AM

Default Re: USB 3.0 Fast track

Cheers Darryl, will hold off on ditching it for now as I've used protools for years. The mbox isn't sold over here in europe so am stuck with the fast track.
Hopefully someone has figured out a workaround for this, I've heard belkin are bringing out a thunderbolt hub which has usb 2 ports so hopefully that will solve it,

thanks again for the reply