Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2011, 10:01 PM

Default Bad/Burnt/Smeared Disc

Hello,

I'm very new to all this but here goes. I brought a mackie onyx 820i mixer & pro tools m-powered to along with it. I've been trying to install the software on a macbook pro & keep recieving a message something along the lines of "software not installed because there is no software to be installed on the disc. On inspecting the disc I noticed a dull mark that doesn't look if it should be there (it doesn't wipe off) having researched around I found that other people have also had the exact same message & the exact same marking on their discs too... odd. But anyway, what do I do now? I brought pro tools online & don't really want to go through all the hassle of having to return it - P&P costs, waiting for a new copy etc. Would it be possible for me to get a download instead? Another person with the same problem did manage to get a download. Thank you for any help in advance.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Bad/Burnt/Smeared Disc

While you were researching the issue did you happen to notice that users that registered thier upgrade with Avid got download links placed in their My Avid accounts?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 AM

Hi,

I brought pro tools m-powered [physical cd]. I'm not sure what u mean by upgrade? So are u suggesting registering my copy of pro tools m-powered, but then how do I get the download I need? I'm from England btw so I'm not sure if it works the same way here or not...
Old 03-25-2011, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajin View Post
Hi,

I brought pro tools m-powered [physical cd]. I'm not sure what u mean by upgrade? So are u suggesting registering my copy of pro tools m-powered, but then how do I get the download I need? I'm from England btw so I'm not sure if it works the same way here or not...
My bad as I thought you were refering to PT9 not working with the Mackie i series. I missed the part about it being MPowered. Normally with most Avid/Digi products there is/was some registration information packaged with the software or upgrade. Registering the software gets you download links for the software in your My Avid/My Digi account. However since I don't own MPowered I may be wrong. MPowered shipping with a preloaded iLok may have beeen different.

Have you checked the Avid Store for replacement disks?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-25-2011, 06:51 AM

When you say you bought the disc did it come with a ilok? Did you register the software with avid? Where did you get the disc? I would return it to where you bought it from.