Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2012, 02:42 PM

Question Expand region to maximum boundaries shortcut

I'm looking for a shortcut that I think exists but can't be sure and don't seem to be able to find it anywhere else.

Basically I'm looking for the PT shortcut to expand the selected region's start and end points to the maximum boundaries of it's contained audio file.

e.g. in Post, doing dialogue editing where the region's have been chopped to bits... if I wanted to look for some background noise / or a certain word or something that may have occurred earlier or later to copy in for an edit currently I'd copy the region to the below track, drag the handles to their maximum points manually and then search the audio file. Isn't there a shortcut to just expand the region to it's maximum amount? Both the start and ends.

Hope this made sense.

Cheers
Tris
Old 07-10-2012, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Expand region to maximum boundaries shortcut

The way I've found to do it so far is (once region is selected) shift + TAB, shift + alt + TAB (selects to next and previous regions or session start/end if none) then alt + NUMPAD(-), cmd + NUMPAD(+) (to fill in region to selection).

Quite long winded for a simple task though?

Anything more efficient out there?
Old 07-10-2012, 04:06 PM

It seems much easier to make a new audio track and drag the whole file over... but you can make custom quick key commands for most of the functions in PT... with the program Quick Keys you can make a series of these quick keys to trigger off of one quick key etc, very awesome program...

Basics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T10tC5QbTU
Old 12-20-2015, 05:54 PM

Hi tvocaturo. I found a Mac shortcut on expanding region to maximum boundaries by first selecting the region, then press Control+Command+T

So far I've only tried it on Pro Tools 11 HD
Old 12-20-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinshah View Post
Hi tvocaturo. I found a Mac shortcut on expanding region to maximum boundaries by first selecting the region, then press Control+Command+T

So far I've only tried it on Pro Tools 11 HD
This is the shortcut, but it will only reveal as much of the heads/tails that won't cover over surrounding clips. So, if you want to make sure you are seeing the entire clip, you would need to place it on a track with plenty of room on either side of it.
System/Hardware Info
IMDb credits