Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2010, 04:31 PM

Default cannot install m-powered 8 on mac ox 10.6.3

It gives me an error saying no software was found. I just got this ups today. Im wondering if I got a bunk disck
Old 07-09-2010, 04:46 PM

Default Re: cannot install m-powered 8 on mac ox 10.6.3

Just for the record, I picked up a copy from a local music store, and the software install disk was in fact corrupted, had to return it for a new disk. There was a fairly visible off-color mark on the business side of the disk. Don't know if this is the cause of your issue, but worth mentioning.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:06 PM

thats probably it.. there is a blemish on the bottom side a big spot thats blurry
Old 07-10-2010, 11:01 AM

Can you be more descriptive please ? Who says no software was found ?
I do not think you have a damaged cd but ... i think you have an UPDATE disc.
(Also keep in mind that 8.0 install disc won't run under 10.6.3!! ... keep reading)

If you have an update cd you HAVE to install first your pt 8.0 or the cd updater program will say you "software not found".

Anyway check in your digidesign personal download page (it's caled my digi -> available downloads/products).

If you own a regular license of pt 8 you can download a full installer of protools m-powered 8.0.3. This download will not require the presence of any previous version of protools already installed on your hd.
The image file is a little big. it's about 4Gb or more if i remember well.

Download a 8.0.3 full, install it, and then update to 8.0.4, you can skip 8.03 cs2 updated and go directly to 8.0.4.

Let's know....