Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2009, 12:48 PM

Default IE 8 Install Breaks M-Powered?

This morning I finally got around to a Win XP software update that had been waiting that contained IE 8. I worked with Ableton Live awhile after that without any problems. But then when I tried to open Pro-Tools 8 M-Powered it hung. Same thing with Cubase 5 and Cubase 4. Based on past experience I first suspected my M-Audio drivers and reinstalled those. Didn't help. So I finally went back to the last system restore point prior to the IE 8 install. Everything works fine now. Anybody else have problems like this with IE 8?