Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2008, 06:10 AM

Default Re: ripping my hair out over DAE error 9073!!!

Hi!!!
I have just got a simillar problem.... At first the session works fine and then the next day when I press play button: DAE error 87 -and olso a dialog window saying that it doen not get data fast enough....I think there it sais (-9073) in the end of the dialog window. It does not matter how many tracks I have or wich sample/bit -rate the session is in.
The Hard Drive is brand new and the computer has 75% free disk space.
I can edit and work in the session but when I press "play" it gives me like 7 error 87 messages...

Please help me mith this problem....

My e-mail is: [email protected]
Old 01-28-2008, 08:07 AM

Default Re: ripping my hair out over DAE error 9073!!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by studiojimi

Old 01-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hi!!!
I have just got a simillar problem.... At first the session works fine and then the next day when I press play button: DAE error 87 -and olso a dialog window saying that it doen not get data fast enough....I think there it sais (-9073) in the end of the dialog window. It does not matter how many tracks I have or wich sample/bit -rate the session is in.
The Hard Drive is brand new and the computer has 75% free disk space.
I can edit and work in the session but when I press "play" it gives me like 7 error 87 messages...

Please help me mith this problem....

My e-mail is: [email protected]
You'll need to provide a lot more info on your system - computer model, OS version, Pro Tools version, number and type of drives used, etc.

You may want to look at the Help us help you thread as well.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Avid

Quote:
kinda embarassing when clients keep seeing those error prompts popping up all the time isn't it?

please digi respond to this topic thread

it's not 10.4.10 either

i'm using 4.9

i'd much prefer functionality to a workaround with the fades and drive dysfunction that i did not have with the previous version.

and as i've said before...how could this have gotten past the beta test stage and into release?

did you guys need our money that much?
The first poster was on 7.3cs5, not 7.4 and it appears his issues were drive related (running at 24/96 cuts track count significantly).

The other poster says "I have a client with the same exact problem with the same machine and specs only using an internal SATA drive DAE error 9073 and cpu to slow ", but doesn't say how many tracks or at which sample rate or bit depth. I'm assuming he's on 7.3 as well, which would not be related to the 7.4 issues with 9073 errors.

They also don't mention if they've done any of the standard troubleshooting, or any specifics about the number of DSP's per voice.

The 9073's with 7.4 we're aware of and, for the most part, there seem to be relatively simple workarounds while we look at the ultimate cause of the problem.

For now, if someone is having an issue with 9073 errors - if you're on 7.3, feel free to post here. If you're on 7.4 I would strongly recommend starting a new thread.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:

The first poster was on 7.3cs5, not 7.4 and it appears his issues were drive related (running at 24/96 cuts track count significantly).

The other poster says "I have a client with the same exact problem with the same machine and specs only using an internal SATA drive DAE error 9073 and cpu to slow ", but doesn't say how many tracks or at which sample rate or bit depth. I'm assuming he's on 7.3 as well, which would not be related to the 7.4 issues with 9073 errors.

They also don't mention if they've done any of the standard troubleshooting, or any specifics about the number of DSP's per voice.

The 9073's with 7.4 we're aware of and, for the most part, there seem to be relatively simple workarounds while we look at the ultimate cause of the problem.

For now, if someone is having an issue with 9073 errors - if you're on 7.3, feel free to post here. If you're on 7.4 I would strongly recommend starting a new thread.
my issues are well documented

sorry about that
i did not see that he was on 7.3cs5

i've deleted my post
you can delete this if you like

Old 01-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Avid

Quote:

my issues are well documented

sorry about that
i did not see that he was on 7.3cs5

i've deleted my post
you can delete this if you like
No, no need to delete it. I just wanted to make sure we keep things straight. Obviously we know of the 9073 errors with 7.4 and are working on them.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:39 PM

I get 24 tracks 24/96 off of a single daisy chained LaCie FW 800 Drive. The drive is only 160 GB - Intentionally.

In my experience - the larger the drive the oftener it needs defragmentation. So I have 4 160 GB drives - 2 for record and 2 for play back - when done recording on one - I move the recorded project to another drive called PT Mix and then I'll reformat the PT Rec Drive. That way I hardly ever get this error.

This error will occur when defrag is strong.

PS _ I am running Leopard - If you are on 10.4.10 - then you are IMO running the buggiest update that Apple has ever brought 4ward... Go Leopard or 10.4.9
Old 01-29-2008, 10:39 AM

Druphus,
I read you post and I have been looking in all the menus to find where to increase the 125MB of ram.
Where can I find the setting to increase this amount?
Thanks
Old 01-29-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Druphus,
I read you post and I have been looking in all the menus to find where to increase the 125MB of ram.
Thanks
do the letters SOL mean anything to ya?

Old 01-31-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Druphus,
Thanks
You will find the amount of ram you have currently allocated under the Setup menu and then Playback engine. The popup window will then show how much you have at the bottom- normally 125mb.

To increase this change the DAE playback buffer size to 8. Make sure the reset memory allocation when restarting checkbox is unticked. If you are using HD then increasing the number of voices and DSP chips in use will push the value up further. Somewhere between 230 and 300Mb seems to be fine for most systems. Then reboot your CPU and go back to the playback engine settings and reduce your dae buffer to 2 for example and or HD also revert the voices/dsp count to your usual settings.

The memory in use should now be much lower than the allocated amount and hopefully cure any clicks and pops caused by memory usage.

You should repeat this procedure after installing any updates to Pro Tools as it helpfully resets this allocation to the minimum every time!