Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2015, 11:58 PM

Default Pro Tools First, I downloaded ASIO4ALL and still wont work :(

I'm getting frustrated Help! I just got the download link for Pro Tools First, so I immediately downloaded it because Ive been trying all sorts of DAWs and I cant seem to find the right one that truly works well with me. Soon after I installed it, I open it and get this message; "The selected audio device could not be initialized. Please choose a different audio device." I press okay, this pops up right after: "AAE error -6117 was encountered." I immediately browse the web for solutions, I come across ASIO4ALL, which seemed to be the solution for people with the same error I'm having. I install it, restart my computer and run Pro Tools First I get the same messages as before. I go to my control panel to adjust my sound, ASIO4ALL doesn't come up as an option for Playback. Can someone assist me? I'm so close and yet so far!!! I cant get past the initial start up to adjust the preferences.....
Old 08-17-2015, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools First, I downloaded ASIO4ALL and still wont work :(

moving to the proper section

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 08-17-2015, 04:30 AM

I had a problem with ASIO4All with Pro Tools Native and used one of my support tickets. Official response back from AVID was that it is not supported. So I would not hold up hopes that PT|First will work properly with it.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmac View Post
I'm getting frustrated Help! I just got the download link for Pro Tools First, so I immediately downloaded it because Ive been trying all sorts of DAWs and I cant seem to find the right one that truly works well with me. Soon after I installed it, I open it and get this message; "The selected audio device could not be initialized. Please choose a different audio device." I press okay, this pops up right after: "AAE error -6117 was encountered." I immediately browse the web for solutions, I come across ASIO4ALL, which seemed to be the solution for people with the same error I'm having. I install it, restart my computer and run Pro Tools First I get the same messages as before. I go to my control panel to adjust my sound, ASIO4ALL doesn't come up as an option for Playback. Can someone assist me? I'm so close and yet so far!!! I cant get past the initial start up to adjust the preferences.....
Did you try holding down the 'N' key while Pro Tools is launching?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-04-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Did you try holding down the 'N' key while Pro Tools is launching?
Hijacking an old thread for the same issue. Yes, I tried holing the N key, doesn't work. I even added a usb keyboard and tried 7 ways till Sunday and the Playback Engine dialog never opens. Downloaded ASIO4ALL even though the UFX is an asio device.

Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga laptop - i7, 16GB RAM
RME UFX interface, USB2.0
Old 02-08-2016, 06:31 AM
Avid

Hello Jason,

Quote:
Hijacking an old thread for the same issue. Yes, I tried holing the N key, doesn't work. I even added a usb keyboard and tried 7 ways till Sunday and the Playback Engine dialog never opens. Downloaded ASIO4ALL even though the UFX is an asio device.

Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga laptop - i7, 16GB RAM
RME UFX interface, USB2.0
Windows 10 is not yet qualified for PT|First http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...EUCON-and-ISIS

Regard,
RC