Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2010, 01:38 PM

Default Hardware buffer error during playback...

I seem to be having playback errors on sessions I never did have them on before. Not sure what has changed besides formatting and reinstalling W7 as OS. But even still I wasn't getting these errors when I had W7 in the past.

I'll run through the optimizations and post my results, but I wanted to gather some feedback before the task tonight. All suggestions are welcomed with open arms and smiles!

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 03-25-2010, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Hardware buffer error during playback...

PT for Win 7 is BETA so you almost have to expect trouble like this. But without a Sandra report it's hard to say. Are you recording to, and playing back from, a separate hard drive from your OS drive? You should be.
But what interface, what version of PT? We must have info!
Old 03-25-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
PT for Win 7 is BETA so you almost have to expect trouble like this. But without a Sandra report it's hard to say. Are you recording to, and playing back from, a separate hard drive from your OS drive? You should be.
But what interface, what version of PT? We must have info!
002R, PT 8.0.3cs1, recording to external HD...

The other thing that has changed recently.. my external was using a USB connection and had no playback issues. I recently switched it to use a Firewire connection thinking it would be an improvement.. Maybe I shouldn't fix it if it ain't broken.

As for a Sandra report, I'll have to run it when I get home.

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 03-25-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyBwah View Post
I seem to be having playback errors on sessions I never did have them on before. Not sure what has changed besides formatting and reinstalling W7 as OS. But even still I wasn't getting these errors when I had W7 in the past.

I'll run through the optimizations and post my results, but I wanted to gather some feedback before the task tonight. All suggestions are welcomed with open arms and smiles!
I'm testing on W7 with the cs2 patch and the optimizations are important. Here's a screenshot of the performance tweaks that are working for me and also I have had to disable both network interfaces to avoid the errors. You can read This thread if you're interested in how W7 64bit is working for me so far. I'm curious if you're using the 8.0.4 driver that DIGI recommends. I'm not at the moment as the thread I posted will explain.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:39 PM

Having the wrong firewire controller can cause that little malady. it should have a TI chipset in it, and the drive needs an Oxford chipset.