Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 06:29 PM

Default digi001 for windows/protools TDM for mac compatibility

how compatible is working between digi001 for windows and pro tools TDM? Reason i ask is because i just recieved a 1.0 gig PC from my work and am planning on replacing my roland vs1880 set up with digi001. I am working with someone who is using pro tools TDM with a mac G4 and will be doing all the vocal recording at his studio but would rather do my mixing and recording of the production at my home. He will also master my total product. So i am checking to see how compatible would it be for me to take advantage of this almost free PC and just use digi001 for it. Or would you suggest i just buy a mac, of course taking advantage of the PC would be nice, but if its a hassle, im better off buying the mac.....thanks
Old 10-07-2001, 10:23 PM

Default Re: digi001 for windows/protools TDM for mac compatibility

Have just been doing exactly that.
PT LE on a PC then transfering to MAC TDM.
Pretty much smooth sailing although check my post today "LE to TDM" ... a small problem but I managed to get around it.
If you use CDs to transfer it's easy. I had heaps of stuff on the PC so used MacOpener to dump the stuff on a Mac formatted HFS drive which by the way doesn't want to be connected to the studio MAC when the removable SCSI drives are attached ... although either or works so I can get around that too.
It's becoming more common (these kind of transfers) so more stuff is getting sorted out all the time.
Feel free to email me if you've got any questions ... I'm no expert but I ahve been able to get it working.

Stew
Old 10-08-2001, 12:42 AM

I do it almost everyday. Arranger friend bought AM III PT LE for PC and is able to record tracks from Gigastudios and Akais at home, if there is a track number limit he writes me which tracks/files to add from beginning of session, rest is cleaned and compacted. Tracks are recorded thru S/PDIF from S5000, S3000, EnsoniQ ASR and Gigastudio, so sound quality is OK. No single problem except: make sure to have Joliet extension on Mac or you have to add all dots .L.wav manually - no big deal, but takes time.
Usualle one CD-R for 20-40 tracks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Hope that helps,
Przemek.
Old 10-08-2001, 02:32 AM

Hey Przemek ...

So you're opening the LE session on TDM?
Have you tried importing tracks from an LE session into a TDM one.

I've had some problems with the later ... but if I open the original LE session and import any extra tracks into that it OK.

At least I found a way around the problem ... and apart from that everything else works as it should.

Stew
Old 10-08-2001, 01:59 PM

I open LE/PC sessions on TDM/Mac and LE/Mac and I sometimes just import tracks from LE with missing/added instruments. We tried the other way - works as well. One thing - these are sessions without plug-ins, just audio tegions and rough mixer. I can imagine many problems with such transfer, but - no single problem so far - knock on wood [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Przemek.