Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2002, 02:38 PM

Default MP3 Export & Burn--problem with playback

Hi folks,
I'm getting to the burning stage by BouncingToDisc with a WAV/stereo interleaved format and then letting Apple DiscBurner do the MP3 formatting/conversion and disc burning.

What I get is a CD that plays back in my computers but not in the HiFi CD player. This incompatibility NEVER arises when I burn in the PC domain with Roxio/AdaptecEasyCD4.
What is the subtle difference I'm not seeing in the way the 2 systems burn a disc? And what can I do--use MP3 Export from Digi to convert? or do I have to get Toast to do the burn right for all audio devices? OR--did I miss a chance to fix it somewhere in my process? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
dna

G4 dual533, Digi001 + v5.2.1
Old 09-24-2002, 10:44 PM

Default Re: MP3 Export & Burn--problem with playback

i think the problem might be real simple, once you have bounced the songs from protools as 16bit wav st. interleaved, there really is no need to convert the file to mp3. the problem might be that your hi fi system does not play mp3s but your computer does! I bounced to disc in mp3 format until the trial ran out, and now i just export as wav and put them into itunes to burn, let me know if it works! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]