Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2008, 01:22 PM

Unhappy Extensive 9092 errors after upgrading system.

First things first, hello to all! I've been reading these forums for hours trying to sort out my issues to no avail.... hopefully you wont mind if i try to pick some of your brains on this!

I used to run a P4 hyperthreading processor on XP SP2 on a Dell motherboard, unfortunately I have no idea which chipset it ran . Aside from the chip and the mobo I have not changed a thing in my upgrades.

I ordered the Intel 'Bearlake' Q6600 quad core processor as I'd seen and heard great reviews for performance and the price was right for me. The new motherboard was bought to match the processor, it's an ASUS P5K PRO model running the Intel P31/P35 chipset. After the install a fresh format was made on a new Maxtor 160Gb HD and XP SP2 installed which was then updated to SP3.

If a PC Wizard System scan would help please let me know and I'll post one up ASAP.

After installing PT LE 7.4 I began encountering problems. I use an MBox 2 Pro connected by firewire. I'm not 100% sure of the details on the Firewire card I'm using, but it's exactly the same as the one used in the previous build where PT worked perfectly. Besides, these problems occur whether I connect the Mbox to the PCI firewire card or the Firewire ports on the case connected direct to the mobo.

I am constantly getting 9092 'The OS held off interrupts for too long, try increasing the hardware buffer size in the playback engine' messages. These occur whenever I try to play or record anything at all, even a single mono audio track. In essence, PT is completely unusable.

The Mbox works fine as an interface for Cubase SX3, however I bought it to use PT obviously so I'd like to get a fix

In reading these posts and the support forum I have tried a few things, all have had no effect at all -

- Disabling all speedstepping on the processor.
- Using task manager to make pro tools run on a single core using the 'affinity' menu. No combination of any of the four cores helps at all.
- Changing and experimenting with every option in the playback engine. No matter what buffer size, CPU threshold or amount of cores I have selected I still get the same 9092 message every time i try to do anything.

Finally, I tried installing the dual core hotfix from Microsoft. However, as SP3 has been installed the hotfix said it didn't need to be applied.

If anyone has any suggestions or answers to this problem I would greatly appreciate it! I'm trying to finish my degree and PT is pretty essential to a few of the modules.

Thanks in advance and apologies for making my first post a long and boring one, I promise to be a bit more upbeat next time!