Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2022, 06:14 PM

Default HDN Low Latency Monitoring for sub-paths?

Hi all,

I'm experimenting with my NDN thunderbolt system and Low Latency Monitoring mode. The trouble is that it works for 1 output path only, typically stereo - but I figured that a 7.1 output works in LLM mode as well, giving me additional LLM output channels.
Interestingly, LLM appears to work for the 7.1 output path - but not if I route channels to 7.1 sub-paths.

Has anyone found a workaround for that?

I'd prefer to route my pro tools tracks via mono-subpaths to channels on my analog console. I guess I can work without subpaths and use the 7.1 panner on every channel, but that's somewhat of a clumsy way of routing I find.

Thank you!

Sunny Vibes from Byron Bay, Australia

AVID Certified Instructor