Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 05:04 AM

Default 2 Apple 17\'\' LCD monitors on one AGP Card?

Is it possible to have 2 Apple ADC 17'' LCD monitors on one AGP card?
Or is anybody running 2 Apple ADC 17'' or 15'' LCD monitors even if it is on 2 cards without the 6042 errors?

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2001, 07:22 AM

Default Re: 2 Apple 17\'\' LCD monitors on one AGP Card?

Get a Dualhead card (Like Appian Jeronimo series)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Eduardo Apolonia:
Is it possible to have 2 Apple ADC 17'' LCD monitors on one AGP card?
Or is anybody running 2 Apple ADC 17'' or 15'' LCD monitors even if it is on 2 cards without the 6042 errors?

Thanks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-11-2001, 07:53 AM

Hey there,

just a possibility- if you have a dual processor machine, disable multiprocessing and see if your results improve.

We're working on getting 2 ADC cinema displays running but we haven't found the right solution yet. There are some new products on the way that may help, including VGA-->ADC converters, so that you can use old VGA display cards!

At this point we have 1 ADC display and 1 VGA display... not quite there yet... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2001, 11:02 AM

quick question, I've just ordered new G4 867 (single processor) with the twin view graphics card that comes with the dual processor, so I can run 22" mac monitor and VGA LCD monitor. Has anyone heard of any problems doing this??
Old 10-11-2001, 07:13 PM

I think I saw a story on Mac Central a few weeks back about a card for Wintel machines that allows you to use 2-Cinema Displays(ADC) off the one card but no Mac compatability planned. Talk about a bad move.
Old 10-12-2001, 02:49 AM

Sburgess
Are you using an expansion chassis?

Armando
Thanks for the tip, I check it out and discovered that board, here is the link
http://www.3dlabs.com/product/oxygen_gvx4 20_index.htm
Unfortunatly there are no Mac Drivers and it costs $1699!!

Philthy
Do you know anything of a coming VGA-->ADC converter?

Andy
I read already here in the UC about people that are using that board with no problems.
Old 10-12-2001, 05:41 AM

Thanks Eduardo,
spoke with Digi today and they were saying it should be fine, I've just got a magma 7 bay chasis with my blue and white G3 and I'm getting good old 6042 errors, so I'm just getting rid of all graphics off the PCI Bus, I'm sick of downtime in the studio and it's costing me alot if we are messing around all day so took the plung on a new mac cause of the dvd r and 22".
Old 10-12-2001, 05:46 PM

Just in case you guys are still interested...
I've done some research about how to get two screens on one AGP card (not twice the same thing on both screens, but real Twinview-> The NVidia Ge Force Mx delivered with my G4/667 has VGA and ADC connections, but they both display the same picture...quite useless). The only card I found that seems to be doing this is the Promax DH Max (the tip was given by Kris Whitten on the Digi001 forum). It's around 290$ and I'm about to buy it. If anyone has heard about any other card providing the same thing, please advise(Is the "Appian Jeronimo series" AGP based or is it PCI? I have no room left for PCI cards, so I really need to only use the AGP slot).

The DH Max card can be checked at Promax.com.
Old 10-13-2001, 02:34 AM

Yeah the promax works apparently, I don't think you can run the apple 22" off anything else but an apple card though, can you?. It takes the power from the card so.....anyone else know otherwise?, nobody seems to be able to give me a definate answer on this.
Old 10-13-2001, 04:40 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> "nobody seems to be able to give me a definate answer on this". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Andy, no offense but the reason why you're not getting many (any?) answer might be because most of us don't want to take a 20 years credit in order to get the money to buy two (even one ,in fact...) 22" Apple monitors.
I will NEVER buy Apple monitors; they might be fancy to look at (in term of design) but are WAY overpriced. You can get equivalent (better?) monitors for a lot less money...So... Just my opinion.