Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Keep getting the same error message dealing with iLok

I keep getting this error message after installing Pro-Tools M-Powered 7.1. "This version of Pro-Tools M-Powered requires authorization to run, but no iLok can be found. Please install the iLok for this software.

I have tried to synchronize and identify my iLok but my iLok was not recognized at all. I have installed the driver and client helper from the iLok website and I still keep getting the same error message. PT worked fine on my old computer, I just got a new one and started having all these problems and I have no idea what's wrong. Can someone help me out?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Keep getting the same error message dealing with iLok

I had the same problem and beleive it or not, in my frustration I moved the iLok from one USB port to another and the problem went away!! I don't know why but it worked for me... I've got nothing technical for you though.. Good luck
Old 12-13-2007, 03:26 PM

I've tried all the possible USB ports on my computer and still no luck. I also tried to install on my friend's Mac and no luck either. Anyone!?!?!?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:11 PM

Did you download and install the package from PACE, then insert your iLok and let the "new hardware" search for the correct drivers... in which case it found the drivers on the PACE install?

Sort of convoluted, but thats how I got my iLok to function.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:41 PM

Unfortunately none of the tips listed on here has worked, any other suggestions?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:13 PM

If your ilok isn't' being recognized/synchronized at ilok.com, that means one of 2 things;
  • the client software is not installed, or not installed correctly (this could definitely be the case if you have tried to install it several times)
  • the ilok is defective
If you know anyone else with a Pro Tools system that uses an ilok, you can test to make sure the ilok isn't defective on their system. If you don't know anyone else with Pro Tools, you might be able to take it into your local retailer and test it on their demo system.

Otherwise, I would contact ilok.com for further assistance.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12