How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2022, 10:48 AM

Default Pro Tools Ultimate Renewal Issues

Hi,

I had a Pro Tools Ultimate license that expired and purchased a renewal license on Audio Deluxe. I tried pasting the code to activate the renewal code at the page where you redeem 3rd party codes (1st Pic attached) and was told to go to the Products page and enter the code in the renewal field. But every time I entered the code in that field I got an error message (2nd Pic attached).

Wondering if anyone can chime in and offer some wisdom?

My license was for 1 year of Ultimate and my Renewal code was for Avid 1-Year Updates + Support RENEWAL for Pro Tools | Ultimate Perpetual License.

So did I get the wrong code and need to get a different code to renew my annual license.

Thanks in advance!
Andre
Attached Images
File Type: jpg REDEEM YOUR CODE.jpg (40.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 11.37.12 AM.jpg (31.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-29-2022, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Ultimate Renewal Issues

If your Perpetual license's Update & Support Plan expired, then a Renewal Code will not work. You need a Reinstatement Code. Hopefully, your third party reseller will refund your money for the Renewal Code and still has some Reinstatements left in stock.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 01-29-2022, 01:06 PM

You're entering the code in the wrong section. I ran into the same problem getting the same error as you and was stressing out about lapsing. Had to go the my products section and uncheck the renewal checkbox which absolutely was not in the instructions from Sweetwater or on the Avid help pages. After unchecking the renewal on the my products page, it opened up a field that allowed me to enter the code and it redeemed.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:20 PM

This is the Avid video I found, but this relates to a Reinstatement Code and not a Renewal Code. If you let your Upgrade and Support Plan lapse you'll need a Reinstatement and not a Renewal.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ode&popup=true

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 01-31-2022, 12:29 PM

Thanks for the response, all!

Will give it another try with the suggestions above
Old 03-17-2022, 04:36 PM

But do those renewal codes work when your plan date has expired, but that you are still within the 30 day grace period before reaching “permanent” expiration? i.e. code from AudioDeluxe OR direct from Avid in your account?

Edit: I am referring to renewal codes being used within the 30-day grace period.

Last edited by macmuse; 03-17-2022 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmuse View Post
But do those codes work when your plan date has expired, but you are still within the 30 day grace period before reaching “permanent” expiration? i.e. code from AudioDeluxe OR direct from Avid in your account?

Reinstatement Codes are for those whose Update and Support Plan has exceeded the 30 day grace period. This allows any perpetual license holder to get back on the current version of PT as well after that 1 year period be able to continue to be current by purchasing the Update and Support Plan thereafter. Remember I said Reinstatement and not Renewal.

Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:08 PM

Just checked Audio Deluxe and I didn't see any Reinstatement Codes for sale for PT. They only have Renewal Codes which is not what you need.

Alto Music has Ultimate and Standard Reinstatement Codes for sale.

$499 for Ultimate and $299 for Standard. That was the sale price when Avid released the Reinstatements only for the month of December in 2021.

They also have $999 Ultimate Reinstatement Codes for sale, but these are new old stock from several years ago. Of course, you'll purchase the one for $499 as long as they're available.

Here are the links;

PT Standard https://www.altomusic.com/avid-pro-t...ild_index=1616

PT Ultimate https://www.altomusic.com/avid-annua...ild_index=1611

Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by abc1mce2; 03-19-2022 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-18-2022, 03:20 AM

Can you buy a reinstatement code and use it sometime into the future? It is all too easy to miss a 30 day grace period and be out in the cold again when reinstatement is no longer available.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin ice View Post
Can you buy a reinstatement code and use it sometime into the future? It is all too easy to miss a 30 day grace period and be out in the cold again when reinstatement is no longer available.
Yes that is certainly a valid recommendation. If you are referring to me and not the OP, then yes I had thought of doing a reinstatement, but not because I might forget during the grace period…I won’t forget. It would be because right now I’m not changing my OS or getting a new computer, coupled with the possibility that there may not be many updates during this year due to the world situation, in case the future might be back to normal with updates.

However for the flip side, I might get the renewal, since any improvement updates during this year will be nice and would still likely support my current Mac OS (Big Sur); whereas waiting for any reinstatement updates in a another year or more may not. To use a reinstatement, I would be waiting for an indefinite period of time until I have a new computer.