How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2013, 06:57 AM

Unhappy Install and iLok issues!

Hi there,

Completely new to this forum thing, let alone the avid forum, so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place or repeating common questions like an idiot but I'm at my wit's end with this one.

I've been trying to use ProTools 10 for the last couple of months and nothing has worked. I keep getting the same error message when I try and open ProTools:

'Error, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 10". Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools.

I've got a valid iLok, which I have finally managed to get iLok.com to recognise but it says it contains no licenses, and all it says in the FAQ is to contact the software supplier if that is that case. However, I don't have a clue who I'm supposed to contact and this process is starting to seem a lot more complicated than it should be.

I'm using Windows 7. CAN ANYBODY HELP???
Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Install and iLok issues!

Make sure to be using Internet Explorer when authoring the iLok.

Chrome and Firefox create issues with active X control.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 AM

You have to log on to Ilok and create an account. This will register your I-lok with them, THEN the asset for PT10 can be deposited in your account. Without registering, you give no place for the license to go.
And as the above poster stated, ONLY do this with Internet Explorer.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I registered and got an account with iLok.com yesterday using internet explorer and it's detected my iLok, it just says that I have no licenses to download for it. Is it because I have only just registered and it takes a couple of days for the asset to deposited into my account?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:43 AM

You are correct sir! And you have to supply that account name to whoever you bought the software from so they can transfer the asset.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM

As in I have to supply the company it was actually purchased from with my account details? Because it was a gift from someone so I'm not sure who that is.

Also, for what it's worth, it was bought as a student version so I think I have to somehow verify that I'm a student to avid as well
Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 PM

1. Yes.
2. I'm on the faculty version myself (software is identical, btw) but you actually have burden of proof at point of purchase, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 PM

I cant seem to figure this out either. Using IE 32 bit I keep receiving the same msg. The Active X component that talks to your ilok was not initialized yada yada. Im not sure what else to do here, any successful suggestions out there?