How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2012, 08:42 PM

Default Pro Tools Fade Question.

Hi guys,

I recorded a small guitar track and for some reason there is a small pop where I finished the recording. No problem I thought I'll just fade it out. No pop and get a smooth lowering of the volume as well, kill two birds with 1 stone.

Now I enabled the smart tool you know those three buttons all together and then went down and clicked in the Guitar track, moved into the top right corner at the end of the track, and waited for the small fade thingy to appear and it never did . The only thing that is there is that "E" symbol. Apparently from the vids on YouTube that is all you have to do.

So what am I doing wrong in this case!

And a further question if I want to fade/crossfade a MIDI track, do I first need to convert it to an audio track first?

If anyone can help here is a big THANKYOU in advance .

Thanks guys.

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 07-16-2012, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Fade Question.

Well, after restarting ProTools twice just to see what might happen - the fade thingy actually appeared. Yep, I love having to re-load ProTools always lots of fun. At least using the 11R edit window didn't make ProTools disappear, well, for the last two days anyway.

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Well, after restarting ProTools twice just to see what might happen - the fade thingy actually appeared. Yep, I love having to re-load ProTools always lots of fun. At least using the 11R edit window didn't make ProTools disappear, well, for the last two days anyway.
Have you tried any troubleshooting? Deleted prefs and dbs? What OS? Pro Tools version?

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 07-16-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Have you tried any troubleshooting? Deleted prefs and dbs? What OS? Pro Tools version?
I'll have to delete the thing and re-install it ever since I changed the partition size on the C:\ drive ProTools has been going bonkers and doing all sorts of weird and wonderful things. Even though ProTools is not on a partition but a completely separate drive I suppose it's all related.

The only problem is that the original ProTools disks have been, ummm, misplaced .

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 07-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
I'll have to delete the thing and re-install it ever since I changed the partition size on the C:\ drive ProTools has been going bonkers and doing all sorts of weird and wonderful things. Even though ProTools is not on a partition but a completely separate drive I suppose it's all related.
Oh boy, yeah there's a bunch of problems right there.

First off, Pro Tools should never be installed on any drive other than the OS drive. That's just begging for problems.

Second, you should never have any reason to change the C: partition size. Also asking for problems. The OS drive should be a whole drive by itself, with whatever software needs to be on the same drive (like Pro Tools, Adobe needs certain files to be there, too).

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515