Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2008, 03:56 PM

Default some upgrade questions

I've used PTLE version 7.0 for along time now with my pc, based on the installer cd which is version 6.8.1.

I'm now waiting on my new macbookpro with leopard, so a change of version to 7.4.2 is needed.

1) Is it correct that i have to pay 120 euros for the upgrade?? (im located in Norway, and i must say i'm suprised how mutch is costs!) Thought it was only about 50 euros.

2) Can i upgrade my pc version to 7.4 now, and use the same upgrade when the mac arrives? Or do i have to buy one upgrade for pc and one for mac

3) I know i can have my lincenced PT on 3 computers, over the years i've changed PC 2 times, and if im not wrong i believe i got a message/warning i'm able to install PT on only one more computer.. This is weird cause i have trashed or sold the other computers. Is there more to it than just uninstalling PT on the computers i dont want to use

On the edge of stupid questions, but i have no room for mistakes :)
Old 10-26-2008, 04:41 PM

Default Re: some upgrade questions

1) Yes, you are jumping from several versions back, so the upgrade price is more expensive. If you were only upgrading from 7.3 it would be cheaper.

2) Yes, you can use the same code for PC or Mac, both installers are available when you purchase your upgrade. This is assuming you're using one piece of Digi hardware between them - the hardware is your dongle. If you're running two separate/independent systems then legally you'd need to pay to upgrade both. The hardware is your dongle, since PT won't run without it, you can install on as many computers as you want, but only the one with the hardware attached will work.

3) You must be mistaken, that's not an error/message I've ever heard of before. See #2 as to how installation/registration works. You should uninstall PTLE from any PC's you're selling/giving away though, generally you're going to want to zero a HD before you get rid of computer anyway, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Edit...

Actually it looks like they're now just bundling 7.4 with a free PT8 upgrade and have eliminated all other upgrade options, so there ya go, there is no cheaper option even if you had 7.3.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I'm now waiting on my new macbookpro with leopard, so a change of version to 7.4.2 is needed.
Why not just buy PT8?
PreSonus DigiMAX FS
Old 10-27-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docscholl View Post
Why not just buy PT8?
Cause PTL8 have its release date in December.

Thnx slim shady