Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2023, 09:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: When is the next version of PT due?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclee View Post
all i want for Christmas is Sonoma support, that's all
it's about time
As I posted before on the Sonoma thread......

We do know that Sonoma will not be supported with the next Pro Tools release coming today 2023.12 – the engineers are working on it but there are too many known issues which customer care has published in a knowledge base article today

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...a-Known-Issues

While the Sonoma 14.2 update that I believe came out already - it will fix some of these issues, but it remains to be seen if that is enough to post-qual what's coming from us in 2023.12 with Sonoma.

Marianna

Keep focused on the Pro Tools forum for updates from Tope.

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 12-12-2023, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
As I posted before on the Sonoma thread......

We do know that Sonoma will not be supported with the next Pro Tools release coming today 2023.12 – the engineers are working on it but there are too many known issues which customer care has published in a knowledge base article today

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...a-Known-Issues

While the Sonoma 14.2 update that I believe came out already - it will fix some of these issues, but it remains to be seen if that is enough to post-qual what's coming from us in 2023.12 with Sonoma.

Marianna

Keep focused on the Pro Tools forum for updates from Tope.
Thank you Nariana. Intervention appreciated.

p.s. It's on my account : 2023.12 !
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com
Old 12-12-2023, 10:07 AM

Thanks. I am currently running 2022.12 and it seems to be working with Sonoma ok, just some very minor issues

My question is. Will 2023.12 work better with Sonoma? And yes I do understand it isn’t officially supported.

Just wondering if and how to update
Whether I should delete old version before upgrading to newest version.
And best practice and how to actually go about the upgrade. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2023, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
It has cool new screen savers.
The screen savers are actually really cool, haha.

When I am relaxing for a bit in the background and they come on my dual displays, I am transported into outer space!

"Audio" is like inner space for my brain, so the satellite fly-bys are somehow fitting.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 12-12-2023, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclee View Post
Thanks. I am currently running 2022.12 and it seems to be working with Sonoma ok, just some very minor issues

My question is. Will 2023.12 work better with Sonoma? And yes I do understand it isn’t officially supported.

Just wondering if and how to update
Whether I should delete old version before upgrading to newest version.
And best practice and how to actually go about the upgrade. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EDIT TWO: In fact, it might be easier to rename the existing Pro Tools application in your App Folder: "Pro Tools OLD" - I've seen this suggested before. I'm not sure about any files spread out across the system.
EDIT: I see you mean you have an older version of PT and want to update that.... Hmmm. Same advice below fits, but just duplicate the partition maybe, and upgrade PT.

If you have a large enough SSD for your MacOS installation, it is possible to install another version of MacOS on another partition, container, or volume.

This is a good way to test new versions, because if done properly, you maintain your old version, which stays operational, and you can even delete the new or old one later as you wish.

I will direct you to look it up on DUC and on the internet; I don't know how to give directions for every computer. I also don't have a prescription for whether you "should" do these things. It's entirely optional. To "test" the new OS, at any rate, it's best not to disrupt your existing work environment, arguably. Keep things as they are safely functioning, probably.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //