Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2011, 06:32 PM

Default Eleven LE + Waves PRS di

I bought Eleven LE when it first came out (full price) and have really enjoyed using it. Probably would have held off had I known 'bout the rack, but that's the way it goes with technology.

Couldn't really justify buying the rack after having dropped $400 for LE, but I have had good success using it with the Waves guitar interface made by PRS. Probably not as good has the True Z input, but it works well. I run my guitar into the PRS, then into a 2-610. That alone sounds pretty decent for a clean sound....sometimes all I use is an eleven cabinet, some eq + reverb.
Looks like Eleven LE might get left behind, but it still sounds great and does what I bought it for.....so all is good.

Really liking all the sound clips you guys are posting with the rack.....keep the great sounds coming!!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Eleven LE + Waves PRS di

Buy the rack...... buy the rack....... :) (sorry, a little zombie fanaticism for you)
Schecter C1 Elite, Schecter C1 E/A, Epiphone Les paul Custom Silverburst, Fender Mexi Strat, Ibanez RG, Damage Control Demonizer, Boss Gt10, Eleven Rack, Carvin TS100 Stereo Tube Power Amp, 2 Fender Roc Pro 1000 Cabs.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz.
OCZ Platinum 4GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
Foxconn G45M-S LGA 775 Motherboard
Antec Three Hundred Case
Windows 7 Home Premium
Pro Tools LE 8, Cubase 5.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:04 PM

I bought the rack and returned it, but will probably buy it again.

Anyway, I have the Waves PRS. It's a fixed 1 megaohm input, whereas the 11R one is variable. To compare them, I set the 11R at the same 1 megaohm setting. The Waves PRS still sounded slightly better. So you may want to keep it, using line in to the 11R's line in.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 PM

Bought it and returned it....buying it again??
Was it Love/Hate, or was rent due?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:47 PM

The waves PRS is a real bargain. (It doesn't hurt that the guys who run waves are guitarists.) The only problem I've had with mine is that the batteries don't last very long but I think the thing sounds really great.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:12 PM

I've looked into power adapters for it. The manual gives some specs, and I was looking around on B & H and found one that might work. I didn't get it yet, and I forget which one it was.

To 77Pro, at the time I was disappointed with a couple of things about the Rack. One was that I was unimpressed with the ad/da conversion. The other is that I didn't care for the sound of the effects much, and thought some of them were kind of limited. At the time I felt that I would need to do too many workarounds and buy extra stuff to go with it (this refers mainly to live use, in the studio, I could use any number of plugins).

But then, recently, a couple of things changed. One is the upcoming Expansion Pack, which includes more effects and amps (and for now, this may be the only way to get those new features, as there's no guarantees that they will add this to the Eleven plugin). The other thing is that in trying out other guitar processors, like the Line 6 HD500, I realized that at the price range these are in, none of them are going to have top notch ad/da conversion, so the Eleven Rack is no worse off than the others. And after trying the HD500, I have a new appreciation for how user friendly the Eleven Rack is.