Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2009, 04:41 PM

Default Help! 8.0.1 Won't Load!!! [SOLVED]

All:
Please help asap! I have installed PT-M 8.0.1 with a ProFire 610 - PT hangs when loading Stucture. All was fine a few moments ago with 8.0 cs3.

Please Help!

Edit: See my Post #9 for the 99% resolution

-D
Old 09-02-2009, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Help! 8.0.1 Won't Load!!!

The plot thickens but my results and patience get thinner.

I uninstalled PT-M and reinstalled 8.0 from the disk. PT hung again on structure... so I uninstalled again but this time I only installed the PT files not any of the additional content.

Now PT reports that I do not have an M Audio hardware device attached - but every other audio software Sonar, Sound Forge, etc see my ProFire 610 perfectly...

So I believe I have done all of the rational things - anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

-D
Old 09-02-2009, 06:07 PM

Two more uninstalls and reinstalls plus uninstall and reinstall of the Pro Fie 610 ... still Pro Tools won't load - on a system that earlier this evening worked perfectly under 8.0 cs3.

How can this be possible?

-D
Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
All:
Please help asap! I have installed PT-M 8.0.1 with a ProFire 610 - PT hangs when loading Stucture. All was fine a few moments ago with 8.0 cs3.

Please Help!

-D
It sounds like you have probably updated Windows and installed Internet Explorer 8.0. For whatever reason the is a incompatibility with IE8 and and a few Pro Tools plugs. They should be issuing an update soon from what I understand. The current workaround is to uninstal IE8.0. If you have Windows set up to install critical updates it may have installed IE8.0 without your knowlage. The Structure hang is a common indicater.

Further information can be found in This Thread.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
It sounds like you have probably updated Windows and installed Internet Explorer 8.0. For whatever reason the is a incompatibility with IE8 and and a few Pro Tools plugs. They should be issuing an update soon from what I understand. The current workaround is to uninstal IE8.0. If you have Windows set up to install critical updates it may have installed IE8.0 without your knowlage. The Structure hang is a common indicter.
What he said.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-03-2009, 05:42 AM

S&T:
Thanks for the responses. I will be back in the studio later today and check the updates. I think IE8 couldn't have installed in the few minutes between me running 8.0 cs3 and the upgrade to 8.0.1 - but I will also check.

BTW I also own an LE install that upgraded fine to 8.0.1. That is running on an mbox 2. I believe both are current in OS patches - blocking IE8 has been my position on both systems. More later. Thanks again.

-D
Old 09-03-2009, 11:45 AM

I had exactly the same problem with the same gear yesterday.

I uninstalled Pro Tools AND the Profire 610 Driver.

Restart the computer and install the profire 5080 driver exactly as per the instructions.DO NOT connect the 610 until it tells you to.

When this is done,install Pro Tools off the original disc,and run it,it should find the 610.

If you get this far without problems.

Now install the 8.01 update.
DO NOT install the cs3 update.

Also check you do not have IE8 as already stated.

This is the install proceedure I followed,and it worked for me.
Of course,I can't guarantee it will work for you,but it's worth a try.

Alan
Old 09-03-2009, 04:47 PM

Alan:
Thank you for your reply. I followed your method exactly. I am still hanging on Structure.... In fact just in case it was slow loading, I left my DAW on overnight and after 11 hours structure didn't load - so I have now tried 6 full reinstalls, I have installed the 610 drivers four times.

Can anyone else suggest something?

By the way, IE8 is NOT on the system IE6 is. And keep in mind 8.0 cs3 was working perfectly before the 'update' or whatever I should refer to it as.

Anyone?

-D
Old 09-03-2009, 06:09 PM

I am now up and running - I had to delete structure.dpm and structure.dpm.rsr from:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-ins

One of the 'disappointing' moments for me was: I did a full clean install of the 610 drivers and a reinstall of PTM only this time I only choose the application files. I had removed the structure.dpm files and did the reinstall and I also removed the folders under the PT folder that was called "Pro Tools Creative Collection"

So that install worked since Stucture was no where to be found and only the app files were installed. When I returned to the PT install disk and 'tried' to only install the plugins by checking those boxes and unchecking the PT application box .... well that uninstalled the PT app files and I had to start that process again.

Summary two nights, about 10 installs of PT all is well except I don't have a functioning Structure. Time to sleep.

-D
Old 09-04-2009, 12:58 AM

Hi DonM

Nice to hear you sorted the problem,as I said my method worked for me but I couldn't guarantee it would work for everyone.

These things are mainly trial and error,and of course,patience and logical thinking.

Glad you are sorted.

Alan