Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2006, 09:09 AM

Default Drumagog 4

Hello all,

Does anyone know if Drumagog 4 and M-Powered 7 are compatible? I can’t find anything on this topic. Does anyone actually use Drumagog and ProTools 7 together? I have the full version of PT MP7 and I already downloaded and installed the Drumagog 4 demo. And I know that since Drumagog is a RTAS plug-in, it won’t show up in the Audiosuite section. It should be listed in the mixer window as an insert. I was told it would be in the "Other" category, under "WaveMachine Labs Drumagog", but its not there. I need someone to tell me if it’s compatible for sure, because I don’t want to buy it if it won’t work.

For some background info-- I did my homework and all the research I could on this subject. I also know that Drumagog’s website says it’s compatible with all VST, RTAS, or AU compatible applications, but so far it isn’t working. I need affirmation from someone who has the same setup and KNOWS that it works. Additionally, a Sweetwater representative told me that Antares Auto-Tune 4 is not compatible with PT7, even if it is an RTAS plug-in (this was recent). He said it was because PT7 is so new. I was just worried that the same thing might be true for Drumagog. I was also told by Drumagog tech support that Drumagog was not tested for compatibility with PT MP7.

(I already posted this in the M-powered section of this forum, but not many people respond in that section.)

Any help would be great guys! Thanks!
Old 01-20-2006, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Drumagog 4

Call the Drumagog phone number and ask them. I called them to ask if Drumagog was compatible with ProTools HD 7.0 and they said it was, so it's probably compatible with M-Powered PT 7.0, but you might want to ask before you buy.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I was also told by Drumagog tech support that Drumagog was not tested for compatibility with PT MP7.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I was also told by Drumagog tech support that Drumagog was not tested for compatibility with PT MP7.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:17 PM

learning,
Your best information would be right from the source..
Address Rim, the developer >>
I use DG4 on a PC based LE7 system, with no problems, as well as on a Mac OSX with HD 6.4 and it works great !

good luck,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-20-2006, 10:08 PM

Thank you very much. Now im gonna go buy it!