Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2003, 01:17 PM

Default NI\'s Studio Collection

Has anyone looked into the Studio Collection bundle from Native Instruments? It says on their website that the plugins are both RTAS and HTDM, or at least that is what I can conclude. It doesn't mention anything about platforms. I have been told here that the Pro-52 was part of the plugin bundle for 002. Has anyone used it? I have seen a lot of talk here about SampleTank as a soft synth, but I don't remember anyone discussing the Pro-52. This thing is a killer analog soft synth, so I would have thought there would be more discussion about it.
--------------------
We're only immortal for a limited time
Old 01-11-2003, 01:31 PM

Default Re: NI\'s Studio Collection

weird
Old 01-11-2003, 01:58 PM

Nope [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
The Pro52 is still bundled with the 002 only. it seems you cannot get it for PT without 002 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .
I've seen it running on the DigiTour here and it was nice as the VSTi but what can i do if it's not available for us 001 / mbox user [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

The Studio Collection is downlodable as demo for mac only.
No support for PC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2003, 03:04 PM

Really strange that you of al people have to ask this. Don't get me wrong, you can ask all you want, but i just thought you would be in contact with them all the time. Guess i was wrong there. I really wish they get their products available as rtas-plugins. I use sampletank free, and it is very easy to use indeed....

I hope will get some answers you can realy use... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Bastiaan
Old 01-11-2003, 06:15 PM

i have it ...it is a very nice analog synth unfortunatly ni is only releasing it as a oem version with the 002 and it's also currently not upgradeable with the pro 53 update..via dialog with ni. ... it does intergrate rather well i wish we could get the rest of their synths i really would have prefered their b4 or reacktor but i guess it sort of a start.....
Old 01-12-2003, 02:52 AM

It totally RAWKS! Back in the day, I used to have a Rev 2 Prophet 5, and this little monster brings back a lot of fond memories - they really captured the vibe, but thankfully, they left the drifting oscillators out.

Personally, of the two bundled synths that came with my 002, I definitely prefer the NI Pro 52. Sampletank would have been a lot more interesting to me if I could use the various different sound bundles that IK sells with the version that came with my 002... but you can't - you're limited to the sounds that came with it. And they're okay, but there isn't really all that many of them, and what there is isn't earth shattering sonically IMO. If you want more, you have to upgrade to one of the other versions they sell. You get a discount when you do that, but you also get a lot of sounds that may or may not be of use to you... and since I already have a bunch of rackmount MIDI modules, samplers and softsynths, a lot of them would be redundant. Heck, you can't even use the FREE sounds they upload to their website every month (for use with their "free" version of SampleTank). [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

But what am I complaining about? I have Gigastudio! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But I do like Amplitube - that is a nice plug in, and I guess I can't be too critical of IK - if I had to pick which of the two I'd rather have the "full" version of, it would be the Amplitube instead of SampleTank - and thankfully, that's what comes bundled with the 002. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:17 AM

Hey David, it's always good to see you here. I would like to see NI's Battery happen for PTLE but no one is willing to give us a soft-sampler. Will you please give us rewire? That way we can at least have one soft-sampler in PTLE. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:33 AM

Bastiaan wrote:

Quote:
Really strange that you of all people have to ask this. Don't get me wrong, you can ask all you want, but i just thought you would be in contact with them all the time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My thoughts exactly.

There were 2 threads a number of months ago where everyone who wanted NI's software was asked to write in and request a RTAS version. All NI would say is 'maybe' which every software manufacturer says unless they just say no.

NI's complaint seem to be more aimed at getting Digidesign to stop programming for Direct Connect. Something, if I remember correctly, where there never was an explanation from either NI or Digidesign.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:03 PM

Hey MFYM, I remember that thread. It made no sense. In my weak moments I've even considered switching to the dark side just because PTLE/PC seems to be the very last thing on all of the developers minds. Stylus hurt me the most, Dude at spectrasonics told me straight out that the new "audio units" crap is their first priority and then maybe sometime in the spring...

Once this ugly sampler/vi hex breaks off of PTLE/PC this system will be unbeatable. Until that time Rewire seems like the only way for Digi to take the initiative and help their customers out.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mfym:
Bastiaan wrote:

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Really strange that you of all people have to ask this. Don't get me wrong, you can ask all you want, but i just thought you would be in contact with them all the time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My thoughts exactly.

There were 2 threads a number of months ago where everyone who wanted NI's software was asked to write in and request a RTAS version. All NI would say is 'maybe' which every software manufacturer says unless they just say no.

NI's complaint seem to be more aimed at getting Digidesign to stop programming for Direct Connect. Something, if I remember correctly, where there never was an explanation from either NI or Digidesign.
<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sorry to throw you off. Try to remember, I am a codewriter, and I don't get out of my office much. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I was just wondering about the Pro-52, and who has experienced it here.
--------------------
We're only immortal for a limited time