Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 08:14 AM

Default For the post production kids

For those of us who produce broadcast commercials, it amazes me how we mix our spots LOUD. REAL LOUD
To the point in fact of completely muting the volume on the TV, or perhaps skizzing right by them, if you're fortunate enough to have TiVo or the like, when our mixes air. We actually work hard at not being heard!
Go figure. I guess what I'm getting to is...when the digital standard takes effect next year, do we need to keep mixing LOUD? Will the digital signal allow us to be more sonically friendly....meaning can we get more definition into our mixes? CAN WE STOP BEING LOUD???? My clients tho, like LOUD...they want to be just as LOUD as the other spots. If its not LOUD, whos gonna hear it? God bless their little Herb Tarleck hearts.
The mute button is my friend.
What do we do?