Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Recording Ableton Live in loop mode?

I'm trying to record Live via rewire in Protools.

Can I have Live Digidesign Edition play in loop mode and record it to ProTools LE 6.1.2 without ProTools syncing up and only recording one loop and then stopping?

I like having Live loop a few tracks while I mess with effects, etc., and I want to record my "performance" of messing with effects, etc. directly into ProTools, but ProTools will only record one loop. How can I get it to simply record to audio coming from Live without all the syncing?

Hope that is understandable.

Thanks,

Wizdoom
Old 03-21-2004, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Recording Ableton Live in loop mode?

Never mind, I think I got it:

You just extend the tracks in Live to whatever length you want to record for, set it to loop record, and go.

If others have better ways to do it, I'd love to hear.

Thanks,

Wizdoom