Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2001, 10:26 AM

Default sp/ dif inputs and PT Free

I was reading the PT free guide last night and I noticed a line that stated that PT free is not enabled for digital inputs. I have a SB Live Platinum with the live drive so I can choose from analog or digital ins. I don't understand though how PT free would know the difference if the SB is the one routing the inputted signal. I would welcome any and all comments with regard to digital vs. analog ins/outs and PT free.