Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 PM

Default Eleven Free in Pro tools LE

I connected my guitar to an Mbox mini and i can hear the signal coming through the speaker fine.Then I added eleven free to the track to add some distortion to the guitar sound. For some reason, eleven free is not picking up the guitar signal and the input light is not flashing at all and of course there is no distortion. Does anyone know why is this happening?? Heeelp!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Eleven Free in Pro tools LE

Are you using a MONO Audio track and place Eleven Free on one of the Inserts of that track? Did you record enable the track? Did you set the MIX knob correctly on the Mbox?

Is your IN and OUT set correctly for the MONO Audio track?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-13-2011, 11:07 PM

^^^^ what he said ^^^^^

And in the Eleven Free window (when you double click on the Eleven Free insert in the channel insert -- to get started set the input and output volumes around 3/4 and turn off the noise gate (THRES knob fully counter clockwise). Have the volume/master knobs in the amp sim half way or so - just want to be sure no volume anywhere is so low there is any chance you won't hear something. Make sure BYPASS is not active (i.e. BYPASS button should not be lit up amber).

Looking at the Eleven Free Window do you see the input and ouput green or red lights flicker? (the lights next to the Input and Ouput level knobs). Do you see level meters activity on your input and master track meters?

Darryl
Old 04-14-2011, 12:03 AM

Thanks for the reply...yes I am using a mono audio track, yes eleven free is on the inserts...not sure what you mean by I record enable the track...how is this done??...the mix knob on the Mbox mini is set to input...I connected my guitar lead on the line 2 hole at the back so I selected "In 2" in the input of the track and in the output "out 1-2" is selected
Old 04-14-2011, 12:12 AM

Hi darryl thanks for the reply...I tried moving the input and out put volumes in the in the eleven free window but no luck..I tried moving the volume/master knobs in the amp around but no luck ...bypass is definetly not active...the input output green or red lights dont flicker at all... there is no activity in the input or master track meters..
Old 04-14-2011, 12:18 AM

You record enable the track by clicking on the pale red/grey button with the white circle in the middle - found on both the mixer channel strip and edit track. It should blink red then when record is enbled. Without this you will not get any input to Pro Tools (even though you are not recording anything yet you need to "arm" the tracks way to let Pro Tools know what tracks you will be recording).

Darryl
Old 04-14-2011, 12:29 AM

oh woao problem solved...after all, it was record enable...thanks for the help darryl