Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Inserting a drum track from a Technics KN6 board

If I set the click track to a specific tempo, record a few accompaniment tracks, then use my
Technics board to record the actual drum track I want to use, if the tempo of the drum track no the Technics board is set exactly to the tempo of the click track and I start the Technics drum track exactly when the click track begins, will they in fact run in sync? For some reason, I am guessing that somewhere along the way...the (session), one track will be behind or slightly ahead.

Can anyone tell me the proper way to do this?

MikeF
Old 06-21-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Inserting a drum track from a Technics KN6 boa

I'm not quite sure what you're asking but...

If you only need a loop from the technics, set the tempos to the same and record a few bars of the loop. Once you have it set, make sure it's lined up and then just copy+paste the audio loop.

If you're trying to just free sync the two, it might work but yeah, it will likely drift. You can correct not hitting start at the perfect time by trimming the start of the recording.

you can make it work but you'll likely need to do a little editing. Unless the technics thingy has MIDI...

Will
Old 06-21-2005, 04:43 PM

the KN6 has midi in, out an thru. And, yes, I would set the drum track for the duration of the song. The KN6 has 4 variations and 4 fills per type of drum voice, so as the song is playing, I can insert fills and variations at will. This way, it wouls not sound electronic, but more realistic and thats what I want.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:49 PM

check the manuals of both PT and the kn6. you should be able to use MIDI sync to get them to play nicely together.

If you dont have midi for PT, just do the cut and paste method. record all the possible drum patterns in at the tempo you want and move the fills around from there. it'll work fine and you'll learn a lot about editing.

good luck
Will