Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2015, 05:19 AM

Default Removing Previous Versions Instructions

I may be staring right at this and not seeing it; however, can someone direct me to the document and page where removing previous version instructions exist?

v12 installation guide says to see the previous version's installation guide for instructions, which says to see previous version's instruction guide for instructions, ...ok...I stopped there.

On a Windows system, there's the obvious CONTROL PANEL UNINSTALL option, however, the guides lead me/us to believe there are specific instructions somewhere.

Anyone?
Old 12-23-2015, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Removing Previous Versions Instructions

On a Windows system I would just use the Windows Control Panel uninstall function and take a trip through the Registry with CCleaner and remove any leftover bits and bobs from the install you want removed.

QAPLA!
Old 12-23-2015, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Removing Previous Versions Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
On a Windows system I would just use the Windows Control Panel uninstall function and take a trip through the Registry with CCleaner and remove any leftover bits and bobs from the install you want removed.
I do much the same, but there is one CRITICAL thing to mention. when you uninstall PT in this fashion, you get presented with a window where you have check boxes for 2 options; remove the HD drive(which you MUST check) and another to remove preferences and database files(which I recommend). Resetting prefs is not a big deal(and you might consider keeping a simple text file of your usual settings for future reference). Lastly, doing an uninstall will possibly also delete your IO settings, midi setup and custom presets for session and track templates, so keep copies of those somewhere handy, but NOT in a place that Pro Tools will remove during the uninstall. I keep copies in a folder on my desktop(called PT settings) and a duplicate of that folder sits on one of my samples drives

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave