Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2015, 01:51 PM

Default How to call up preset with Ground Control Pro without turning off all effects?

Hi, I recently began setting up my Ground Control Pro to work with Eleven Rack in what I hope will become both my live and studio rig. I've programmed specific presets for different sections in my songs, and I'm using the GCP in the 10 presets/bank setting, so that I can have each bank programmed for a single song, and I can just tap on a single button to move to the next preset when I move from verse to chorus to bridge, etc.

The problem is, when I call up a preset using the GCP, it turns off (bypasses) all of the effects that I have saved under that preset...which makes it pretty useless because I just end up with a clean amp sound. When I'm scrolling between presets on the Eleven Rack unit, it always turns on all of the effects that I had saved, so why is it not working with the GCP?

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 10-29-2015, 03:21 PM

Default Re: How to call up preset with Ground Control Pro without turning off all effects?

Also, to add just one other detail: when I press the patch buttons on the Ground Control Pro, for a split second all of the effects that are supposed to be engaged light up on the Eleven Rack unit, then they instantly all turn off. I've also tried messing with the MIDI thru/CC settings on the ER but nothing I've tried has solved the issue.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:52 AM

Default Re: How to call up preset with Ground Control Pro without turning off all effects?

You have to - for each and every patch - turn on all the FX you want on the GC, then hold EDIT (upper right) 'til screen changes, click EDIT again, and click YES for SAVE. This is saving the condition to the GC and has next to nothing to do with the 11R.