Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM

Default Re: 11R won't stop monitoring in PT11, armed tracks or not.

This just happened to me again on PT 11.0.2

I had a session open and idle for a couple hours and when I came back I was getting double monitoring!

I forgot to try the Low Latency switch that the OP describe, though I never turn LLM on anyway.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver, start/restart, nothing. PT10 worked fine.

What worked for me was a clean reinstall of the driver, launch PT11, still double monitoring. So close PT11, open PT10 new session at 44.1, works.

Then close PT10 and re-open PT11, new session at 44.1, and now its working again.

One thing I noticed is when PT10 is starting up it automatically switches the Sample Rate to 44.1 no matter what sample rate the 11R is currently on. Once you open your session, then it changes to the sample rate for that session.

With PT11, it does NOT switch the sample rate upon PT11 launch, but it does switch upon session launch. I wonder if this could be the base of the problem...

This absolutely should not be happening. I should not have to uninstall the driver then manually uninstall all the remnants from Device Manager that are left behind after uninstall. Then launch PT10, then launch PT11 for it to work.

Like I said I forgot to try what the OP mentioned, but if it happens again I'll test that too.

One more thing, I always work at 48k or 96k. While I was doing this trouble shooting I was doing some critical listening with headphones and noticed that 44.1 and 88.2 are louder and brighter than 48 or 96k. I've never noticed this before. At 96k it sounds like there is less top end artifacts, which is why I like to use 96 for amp sims (along with less latency) but I've never noticed the volume difference between 88.2 and 96k before.

Anyone one else notice this? I've only tested this while playing, I haven't tried listening back to recorded material at each sample rate yet.

If the double monitoring happened to you, please post a response. If there are enough people I can kick this up the chain and hopefully get an official response.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-12-2013, 05:03 PM

I've had this same issue and posted within here, as well. I had it happen again this past weekend and the only way I could resolve it was to uninstall/reinstall. Crazy! It works fine sometimes and not others. Very annoying, to say the least. Keep in mind: PT10 works as it should and always has on the same system, therefore, it's obviously within PT11. I certainly hope this is addressed and resolved soon.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:59 AM

Ok, it came back again a couple times while opening older PT10 sessions. Not sure if that's related BUT, I found a way to fix it that I was able to replicate. Please try this and post your findings:

Once you have a session open with this issue, add a new mono audio track with the Eleven Rack as the input. ARM/DISARM the track and it works as it's supposed to.

Thanks.

Eric

Eric
Old 06-08-2014, 01:05 PM

It's been quite some time since I've been able to sit down and attempt any tracking, only to have this bug surface immediately. Fiddle-farted around with it to no avail. Started a blank session in PT10, worked perfectly, closed, opened PT11 and is working fine now.

Just thought I'd throw this up here as a contemporary issue and in case others are experiencing this same madness.

Ugh!
Old 06-08-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianiac5150 View Post
It's been quite some time since I've been able to sit down and attempt any tracking, only to have this bug surface immediately. Fiddle-farted around with it to no avail. Started a blank session in PT10, worked perfectly, closed, opened PT11 and is working fine now.

Just thought I'd throw this up here as a contemporary issue and in case others are experiencing this same madness.

Ugh!
I posted a fix that works for me. Make sure you use a Stereo Audio track when doing this, mono does not seem to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbRnyt6PVjc

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-08-2014, 05:42 PM

Thanks, Benoni!
Old 06-08-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianiac5150 View Post
Thanks, Benoni!
Sure, hopefully that works for you. Obviously this should not be happening at all, but at least the work-around is easy enough to do, at least it works for me...

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio