Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2011, 11:24 AM

Default Did I Give Eleven Rack Enough of A Chance?

I had Eleven Rack last year. Had it about two weeks. Sold it, got some other gear I needed.

I just thought all in all it sounded fizzy and thin. I couldn't get a CLEAN sound out of it to save my life. Everything had a gritty digital edge to it I just hated. I found a couple bluesy presets that were OK, but I don't do blues. Pop and country, and light alternate stuff, no metal.

But I've heard some demos that were pretty impressive. I've been playing forever, and have a lot of experience. I've also used the software version of Eleven with some good results, though nothing overwhelming. Frankly I use Guitar Rig most of the time for Marshall type things and it sounds fine, when I need those. For ABSOLUTE clean, I now use a live amp.

But I'm not on a TDM system, and I hate fighting latency, and having a hardware unit with knobs and integration with PT is pretty neat. So I'm thinking of giving it another shot, especially now that I'm hearing good things about the new Expansion pack. Are they actually NEWLY MODELLED amps or just tweaks of what was there?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Tom