Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2023, 08:17 AM

Default VST Plug in not found

I’m using Pro Tools 12 with the current version of Windows 10. I just recently bought Acoustic Samples instruments and the instruments appear to have downloaded into their UVI Workstation, at least I find them there.
However, I can’t load the instruments into a Pro Tools instrument track. If I search for them via Search in the UVI Soundbank folder, nothing is found.
What am I doing wrong?
Old 10-06-2023, 08:23 AM

Default Re: VST Plug in not found

Hi i've never used the UVI workstation but i see is like the kontakt VI ?

Remember that Protools won't use VST verdion, you might want to instal the AAX version of it . Also you can use a VST wrapper like the bluecat Patchwotk plugin if you want to load thr VST version.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyrouse View Post
I’m using Pro Tools 12 with the current version of Windows 10. I just recently bought Acoustic Samples instruments and the instruments appear to have downloaded into their UVI Workstation, at least I find them there.
However, I can’t load the instruments into a Pro Tools instrument track. If I search for them via Search in the UVI Soundbank folder, nothing is found.
What am I doing wrong?

If you are using the AAX version of the UVI workstation, then you should be able to see any UVI instruments available for loading into the workstation. With UVI workstation opened on an instrument track, click on the folder icon next to the world "Workstation" at the top of the UVI screen. You should be able to navigate t where the sounds you're looking for are saved. Select the sound you want and it should load right in.

If that does not work, then I would uninstall and reinstall UVI workstation. Make sure you've got the latest version of that too. If you have an older version, the soundbank might not work, if it was created with a more recent version.

Old 10-06-2023, 11:26 AM

Acoustic Samples seems to have similar methods as Kontakt,which I have been using with Sample Modeling plug-ins.
UVI says the workstation must be pulled up to load, which I have assumed it would behave like Kontakt. However, once Kontakt is installed, I load the instruments directly and do not become aware of Kontakt other than visually the instruments are in the Kontakt framework.
Old 10-06-2023, 11:49 AM

I have no idea whethrt I have VST or AAX format. The downloda did not specify, nor were there any prompts to choose from.
Like so much software, by the time you reach Tech Support, you realize they have left out a key step in the procedure. And documentation uses jargon that’s unique to their shop.
Old 10-11-2023, 12:09 PM

When all else fails, grope till ya cope. After poking around, I am finally able to access the workstation in Pro Tools. I can now see the instruments listed as “soundbanks”, I click on one…and nothing happens. Should the instrument be loaded in the work station independent of Pro ztools? What now?