Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2002, 09:40 AM

Default Re: close future: do everything inside PT HD?

Forums here are for interchange of information, so keep posting Brasil guy.I like the traffic.

And going to the topic of this thread:
I think the "all inside the PT" is the way to go. Here we have been skipping the mixer route for years, using them only to I/o and as a " hub" plus monitoring duties.
It works nice and gives you total recall of your work. What else would you want?

Ricardo Renaldi
Klang Audio
Buenos Aires.
Old 03-29-2002, 01:15 PM

Hello my Brazilian friend.

I mean no offence here whatsover, but I have seen many of your un-answered (or ignored) posts quite a lot on the forum.

I think I know why!

Many of your posts have been covered in the forum quite extensively and having little response to some of your posts, this seems to have made you post even more. I suspect that 'al' has been slightly irritated by seeing your name every time he logged on. It isnt exactly hard to miss!!. the capitals make it look like you are shouting all the time. I have to admit (but this is nothing personal) that occassionaly some of your posts would irritate me. The main reason that as I said earlier 'the topics have been covered or discussed many times'.

But hey, I have no problem with you at all...honest [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Before I post anything I do a search for the topic I am looking for, and many times it is actually better than posting a query. If I dont find anything satisfactory, I will the post. Strangely searching doesnt always come up with the goods even on a matter that would obviously have been covered!

Its certainly worth trying [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Chris [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2002, 01:48 PM

Ba Raq...it is not you that bores!! It is the other guy I mentioned. Read that again!! Nice easter

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 03-29-2002, 01:54 PM

I think if he gets irritated by seeing someoneelse´s name on here everytime he joins the DUC:
a) he might be envy because has nothing to say;
b) he might be needing a psychologist. I would love to see 100 posts from Craig Anderton, Roger Nichols, Kramer, Phil Ramone..

If this was some kind of stupid chat concerning silly things, I would agree.. but I think I have always tried to develop interesting subjects, doubts, etc, I have developed very good friendship with nice pro people too.

Maybe I will change my name if this is causing pain in the neck.. but.... opinions are different...

Even Jesus did not convinced everyone.. so why should I? Nice easter to all! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 03-29-2002, 02:21 PM

Don't forget this is a forum to help each others.
Ask, ask , ask, because is the only way you´ll gona learn something.
Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2002, 02:26 PM

Yes ask, ask, ask,

but i have had my fingers rapped on a couple of occassions for asking really obvious questions.

But i was a bit of a newbie then...No it was panic!!!if i remember correctly [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alecio, dont change your name....
Old 03-29-2002, 06:06 PM

Hi. I don't see any problem with Alecio's threads. You have the choice of mouse CLICK or NOT the thread's link. But I have to agree that do a search before ask wouldn't hurt. When I have a doubt I always do a search first and in 90% of the times I found the answears. maybe thats the reasons why you don't see my name very often.
But please, keep the doubts/solutions/tips/ideas coming ...ALWAYS !.
By the way, Im brazilian too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

GOD BLESS DUC
Old 03-29-2002, 08:17 PM

thanks Luke! nice easter to you too! I am eager searching and studying the combination of PT HD1 and Yamaha 02R 96K in every aspect. Both products are quite new, some love others not much.. but the topic is quite new and I think fresh material might feed everyone´s brain pro or not!!!hugs! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2002, 07:42 AM

Keep on going... (though i am not from brazil...)
To give you my opinion on subject - depends on the work you do - in film i would never go to HD for mixing - i am waiting for my DC2000 now and did some hundred films on O2Rs. It never ever crashed - and ProTools sometimes crashes (even if its only once a week or so). Also - which is much more important - the automation of some desks (including the O2R) is by far better then the one on the PT (sorry - digi - but thats my opinion. Also - I need at least 30 filters and some compressors...... with PT i would have some calculations to do (sample offset of the tracks...). Even in the case of the O2R, where the filters are not very good (just to friendly - they are crap if you have to mix resynced dialog to original dialogs - it just does not work) i can use just some filters in PT that does a very good job just for special things - and then I do not have to buy 5 farms or more. In the case of the DM2000 you know that you get a very! good remote for the PT too (maybe also with the O2R-96). Also - if you have some outboard-equ. like reverbs...(there is no lexicon plug in..., no t.c.M6000...) you maybe need just too many interfaces to connect it all....
Well - just my opinion - in mixing "rock"-music it might be a complete different thing...
Old 03-30-2002, 01:05 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Ploch Klaus:
Also - which is much more important - the automation of some desks (including the O2R) is by far better then the one on the PT<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mixed a number of records on an 02R, and I'm very fond of its automation...

but I have to say that I'm liking automated mixing in Pro Tools even more.

Sure, the 02R has nice features for off-line mix editing, copying, moving, etc. But the tight integration in Pro Tools of waveform and mix information presented visually is unparalled by any system that represents a mix as a list of successive events. Tweaking a vocal entrance by .2 dB (which in itself is impossible with the limited fader resolution of the 02R) takes no time at all. Creating and modifying complex pan moves in Pro Tools is a thing of beauty. Automating just a single parameter of a plug-in can be extremely useful. Try that on your 02R...