Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 PM

Default Need help with Eleven Rack I sold

Hi all. So I sold my Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 8 LE with Expansion Pack on ebay, but the buyer is having several issues. Can you guys help out?

1) He's trying to register the Eleven Rack. He wants the original registration card. However, I already used that registration card when I originally registered the Eleven Rack under my account. As part of the sale, I filled out the seller portion Transfer of Ownership form, which he needs to submit to Avid as instructed. I told him this needs to be done as per the instructions from Avid and I sent him this link: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/en363631

What else do I need to do?

2) He already has Pro Tools 9 that came with his 003. He wants to use the Eleven Rack with his copy of PT9. Can this be done since the Eleven Rack came with PT8 LE? Nevertheless, it is my understanding that he needs to complete the Transfer of Ownership form first. I also sent him links to Benoni's threads/videos about using the Eleven Rack with the 003.

3) He's asking for me to send software that I never had. I sent him the packet of CDs that contained the following: Disc 1 - PT 8 LE; Disc 2 - Extras; Disc 3 - Pro tools instruction videos, along with the sleeve these discs came in that had a registration/serial number on them. That's all that came with my Eleven Rack. He is asking for eleven rack drivers and for the expansion pack. I explained to him that the expansion pack is already installed on the Eleven Rack, and I even included a pic of the Firmware 2.0.1 screen, along with pics of amp models specific to the expansion pack, in the Ebay auction to prove this. It is my understanding that all he should need to do is install the update to Pro Tools so that Pro Tools can recognize the expansion pack amps as described in the following link: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en425171

I'm trying to help this guy out the best I can, but feel like the Transfer of Ownership is the main issue behind most of this, and I've already provided him the transfer form with my information filled out. I can't help him much with using the Eleven Rack with the 003 since I never had a 003. And finally, it seems to me that I've provided him with all the necessary software and links to get him up and running.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Kevin
Old 06-19-2012, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Need help with Eleven Rack I sold

he has to follow the instruction in the transfer of ownership section.

All the drivers and ERXP can be easily downloaded online - for free. If you cant find them on the Avid site, just go to my blog, I have links to everything there.

And yes he can use the 11R with PT9, and even PT10, and as far as I know the 11R will work with PT11 when ever it comes out.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-19-2012, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Need help with Eleven Rack I sold

Thanks for the info! I thought I was doing everything right but I needed someone like you to confirm it.

I sent him a link to this thread and told him to ask his questions and we could help him out. I want him to be happy with his purchase, but right now he seems confused and frustrated. I'm hoping we can get him straightened out.

Thanks again Benoni!

- Kevin