Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 01:54 PM

Default Mp3 settings and Music Myspace uploading

Sorry, after I posted this, I just realized, it's OT....

I'm curious if either anyone has run into this 'problem' or heard of it, or just know what may have caused it. I'm not sure if I can even reproduce it.

I made a remix track which is currently instrumental only. I bounced to disc in proper settings of 16 bit, 44.1khz and stereo interleaved, included POWR Dither on the master fader.
I attempted to upload an mp3 version I converted the bounce to using Acoustica mp3 to wav Plus. I do this normally and it usually woks.

Because of my mp3 settings, my file was too big. I changed the settings and didn't see anything saying I could affect the khz settings at all. I decided to convert the already converted mp3 file to another, smaller sized mp3.

I uploaded that, and after many attempts due to server time-outs, and the regular errors of myspace, it slowed down my track! It actually, IMO, sounds pretty cool as it is like this, but I'm confused as to what exactly may have happened. I set it to allow downloading so I could download it and see if it was my browser or the actual mp3. Sure enough, it's the mp3 file. This means you can go compare/listen to the proper version and the slowed down version on my myspace linked below.
But why did this happen? Could I have just missed the mp3 khz settings and messed up the speed?
I bounced it at a setting one lower directly from the bounced wav file and it's the proper one on my myspace.

Anyone know what may have happened? I'm going to keep it as another remix and credit myspace and acoustica for their help on that one
Old 09-27-2006, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Mp3 settings and Music Myspace uploading

I'll bet it's something to do with MySpace. I love it, but they need some better servers. I'm a MySpace nerd who likes to go to great lengths to ensure that my space looks nice. However, I constantly have slideshows breaking down, failing to load, flickering, etc. Don't even get me started on the 5 different flash players I've tried to get working in there. Unfortunately, I reverted back to the default myspace player, where I find a cool artist, and click 'add'.

I'm sure you have registered as an artist, however, and have the fancier player where you upload like 4 different tracks, right? Well, I've seen people having problems with those too.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:05 AM

I'll bet it's something to do with MySpace. I love it, but they need some better servers. I'm a MySpace nerd who likes to go to great lengths to ensure that my space looks nice. However, I constantly have slideshows breaking down, failing to load, flickering, etc. Don't even get me started on the 5 different flash players I've tried to get working in there. Unfortunately, I reverted back to the default myspace player, where I find a cool artist, and click 'add'.

I'm sure you have registered as an artist, however, and have the fancier player where you upload like 4 different tracks, right? Well, I've seen people having problems with those too.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:05 PM

Yea, I've been using that 4-track myspace player as a Music myspace. You know, I have an interesting flash player if you check out my myspace link below and scroll down. It's in the "About Me" section. You should check it out, I think there's a link below the player for it
Old 09-27-2006, 04:44 PM

Thanks, I'll look into that. It'd be nice to get one that works
Old 09-27-2006, 09:20 PM

It works nice, IMO
Old 09-27-2006, 09:36 PM

I upload all my MP3's to server space at 320kps and then stream them off a custom player that I just changed up. It has playlists and all that you can create in XML. Works great and does not start up playing at the start. It is pretty sweet. MySpace converts down all music to fit 96kps I believe?

Get some server space and put up better quality.

Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 09-27-2006, 09:42 PM

Hey Doc!

I think I've used the flash player you're talking about. Worked nice, but I forget the link.

Anyways, thank you for the clearer insight of what may have happened. I actually thought that was probably the problem, but it made a good industrial/noise remix
As for server space, I have my website which is gonna be cancelled soon and linked elsewhere... but otherwise yea, I usually post my stuff on my own server.
Thanks again!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:46 PM

Ya, I actually bought this one. The one that you use and alot of others drove me crazy. It was too fast on the scroll and this one is pretty sweet. You can add art and such to the songs, etc. Just takes time, but it sounds and looks great. Fully customizeable skins too. I think that it is at

www.wimpyplayer.com

It was cheap too.

Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"