Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 08:12 PM

Default region naming in loop record

Hi everyone,

I appear to be having a brain freeze and I can't remember if the following is possible. I want to be able to put ProTools into loop record and have it generate file names based on the region I have selected, not the name of the track it's on. Is this possible? I have made a lot of cues for Foley work and I would like to simply select each region and loop record with file names being generated as sequencial takes based on the region name. I don't want the track name used because I have multiple footsteps regions on a single footsteps track and I would like them all to be individually identifiable by which character they belong to. I know I could rename each region after I record it but that takes precious time on the Foley stage. Any thoughts or ideas on how to do this or imporve my workflow? Thanks
Old 04-03-2006, 10:31 PM

Default Re: region naming in loop record

Double click the region, command c, double click the track name, command v. Track is named after the region. There is no other way that I am familiar with.
Anarchy Post
1811 Victory Blvd
Glendale, CA 91201
818-334-3300
www.anarchypost.net
Old 04-04-2006, 09:28 PM

Default Re: region naming in loop record

Thanks Eric. That's what I ended up doing and it was pretty fast. This would be a nice addition for an update. Hint. Hint.