Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2011, 02:36 AM

Default Can not open last session !It says it was created with older version of PT !?! WTF ?!

It's insane..Crash few times in every hour..I need to finish my album this week !! I press ctrl+s every 10 seconds to go forward somehow.. and now this... How it is possible that it can not open session I was working few minuts ago and it says that it was created on older version of PT ?!?!? Help !
PT|HD Ultimate Native , UAD-2 Octo x2 , Win 10 Pro 64 bit, AMD ThreadRipper 3960X (24 cores 3,7Ghz (48 threads), 64 GB G.Tech DDR4 3200MHZ ,Gigabyte TRX40 Designare (with Thunderbolt), (Philips 40'LED screan) , Samsung 24" LED 2x192 I/O, Nuendo 4.3, Wavelab 6, Halion 3.5, Yamaha 02R96V2, AvalonAD2022, AvalonVt737sp etc... www.MrPollack.pl ,www.facebook.com/polak.bros.studio
Old 12-19-2011, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Can not open last session !It says it was created with older version of PT !?! WT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpollack View Post
It's insane..Crash few times in every hour..I need to finish my album this week !! I press ctrl+s every 10 seconds to go forward somehow.. and now this... How it is possible that it can not open session I was working few minuts ago and it says that it was created on older version of PT ?!?!? Help !
Hi,

Error messages aren't always right, more just as close as they can be to the issue! more likely the session got corrupted somehow, probably when it crashed last.

what about the back-ups and previously saved versions?

also start a new session and use import session data! this will probably give an error when you get to the track that has the problem, but see how far you get.

as always trash the prefs if you're getting crashes often and make sure ALL plugins are up to date.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Can not open last session !It says it was created with older version of PT !?! WT

Hi
For some reason PT didn't make any session backup with this particular number ?!?! I tried import session data but it says the same as trying to open a session "created with older version of PT".. Also I can't solo a single channel in this one particular session.Processor goes to max and PT crashes..Nice....I use Halion 3 as a sampler with VST to rtas adpter..But I use it also in other sessions with no problem..
PT|HD Ultimate Native , UAD-2 Octo x2 , Win 10 Pro 64 bit, AMD ThreadRipper 3960X (24 cores 3,7Ghz (48 threads), 64 GB G.Tech DDR4 3200MHZ ,Gigabyte TRX40 Designare (with Thunderbolt), (Philips 40'LED screan) , Samsung 24" LED 2x192 I/O, Nuendo 4.3, Wavelab 6, Halion 3.5, Yamaha 02R96V2, AvalonAD2022, AvalonVt737sp etc... www.MrPollack.pl ,www.facebook.com/polak.bros.studio